Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Hi TORn

Kohse

Sep 4 2008, 8:26pm

Post #1 of 13 (474 views)
Shortcut
Hi TORn Can't Post

Hi everyone. There is no intro forum but you have an art forum and that makes a good place for me to say hello in. I have worked as an artist on several LotR projects over the last few years and met several people from TONn at this past SD Comic Con so I thought I would stop by and say hello. They said you had a great community here and I should stop bye, say hello and post art.

Hello. Here is some art that I have done for LotR. Mission accomplished.

Lee Kohse
Artist
www.kohse.com
www.kindergoth.com
www.bloodfire.com

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Sep 4 2008, 9:41pm

Post #2 of 13 (344 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

We have a Introduction thread over on the Off Topic board if you wanted to check that out!

Nice work! I like the shadow detail on the first Gimli picture! And you've really captured Legolas's brooding look! I look forward to seeing more of your art in the future! Have a look at some of the stuff on this board, we have some really talented people here.

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Sep 4 2008, 9:50pm

Post #3 of 13 (357 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORN! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks for sharing your artwork!

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kohse

Sep 4 2008, 11:41pm

Post #4 of 13 (348 views)
Shortcut
balrog [In reply to] Can't Post

I did not see the intro thread. I am known for my drawing skills not my reading ability :)

Glad you liked the Gimli. I really like that one because it was mostly by memory with only a little reference used. Also I dont usually use gouache but an art supply company asked me to try them out so I did. I have a lot of my Lord of the Rings art I can post if you want to see more. I only posted these because I had the images handy since they were put on Ebay a few days ago. I will have to dig up the scans of my older LotR art. I know I have it backed up somewhere.

Here is a couple of cards I painted in oils for practice:

Gotta love the Balrog!

Lee Kohse
Artist
www.kohse.com
www.kindergoth.com
www.bloodfire.com

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Sep 5 2008, 9:34am

Post #5 of 13 (335 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thank you for sharing your pictures - these drawings are beautiful! I'd really like to see more of your work!

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

bearagorn
Lorien

Sep 5 2008, 1:05pm

Post #6 of 13 (340 views)
Shortcut
Hi and welcome. [In reply to] Can't Post

What fantastic artwork.Would love to see more of your work,especially if you have anything to do with Rohan. By the way my 7 year old son is a big Legolas fan so can`t wait to show him your picture,and my 4 year old loves all the monsters and loves your Balrog.Smile

The boys are back in town!

Kevin Mckidd for Thranduil/Bard.

(This post was edited by bearagorn on Sep 5 2008, 1:08pm)

Nimloth
Lorien

Sep 7 2008, 5:07am

Post #7 of 13 (405 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Kohse [In reply to] Can't Post

You are a talented artist indeed! I would love to see more Smile.

Deni
Rivendell

Sep 8 2008, 6:41pm

Post #8 of 13 (309 views)
Shortcut
hi kohse! [In reply to] Can't Post

wow...these are lovely pics from you...i like gimli best...how could you drawn his eyes that good-thatīs amazing!!hope you have much fun here-welcomeCool
cheers deni^^

Anorien
Rohan

Sep 8 2008, 11:05pm

Post #9 of 13 (319 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy to have you join us, and beautiful work. Excellent expression and detail. It's amazing!

Kohse

Sep 8 2008, 11:30pm

Post #10 of 13 (299 views)
Shortcut
wow thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the kind words about my art. I try very hard and working on projects like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars you are not just trying to make the clients happy, you are also trying to make the fans happy. So I cant tell you how happy I am to know I am doing a good job.

A couple people emailed me asking about the Ebay link. Normally I would not pimp my Ebay stuff on non commercial fan forums but I want to buy my wife a really nice gift for her birthday in a few months so I will give in this time. So if you are interested, please check it out. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZartrep-kohse

And here is a Boromir Sketch Card I did for Topps. It went up for sale today (once again, that is why I had the image handy).

Lee Kohse
Artist
www.kohse.com
www.kindergoth.com
www.bloodfire.com

Silverberry
The Shire

Sep 10 2008, 11:34pm

Post #11 of 13 (598 views)
Shortcut
these are very good! [In reply to] Can't Post

thankyou for sharing them with us- i have really enjoyed seeing all of them.

Heart Silverberry

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 15 2008, 11:54pm

Post #12 of 13 (309 views)
Shortcut
mae govannen Kohse! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those pieces are beautiful - thanks for posting them! And welcome to TORn - hope you hang out here from time to time! Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Salty Coqui
Rivendell

Sep 16 2008, 4:19pm

Post #13 of 13 (306 views)
Shortcut
I'm blown away! Can't get enough of Gimli and Legolas! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.