First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 26 2008, 2:27am

Post #1 of 64 (603 views)
Shortcut
Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal Update Can't Post

Hi All

Laera's asked me to let you know that Kimi's page is now up on the website. SmileSmileSmile

You can check it out here

Oh and the journal is now on it's way to Eledhwen Cool

Cheers

Kel x Heart

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa
An Valinor, lissë Eldamar

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play (with thanks to grammaboodawg :) )
Is TORn...Is Good

(This post was edited by Kelvarhin on Aug 26 2008, 2:28am)

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 26 2008, 3:12am

Post #2 of 64 (444 views)
Shortcut
Yay, Kimi! [In reply to] Can't Post

And, yay journal! Huge kudos to everyone involved for doing such a wonderful job and for letting us watch the journal's journey. Smile

I love your page, Kimi. I especially loved the wool! I'm going to start saving cat hair to put on my page. Wink

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 26 2008, 3:24am

Post #3 of 64 (443 views)
Shortcut
Wool and cat hair? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope nobody's allergic! Laugh

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2008, 5:10am

Post #4 of 64 (425 views)
Shortcut
Eeek... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hope nobody's allergic! Laugh

My mum is actually deadly allergic. A cat put her in the emergency room when she was 9.

But then again, we owned an outside cat that she never touched, so it'll likely be no biggie XD I'll just take an allergy pill before I open the book when I get it... which is supposedly in March of next year XD

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Elven
Valinor

Aug 26 2008, 5:14am

Post #5 of 64 (414 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lovely Kimi!
The wool is a great touch!

Im so looking forward to seeing the diary!
Cheers
Elven x

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Quote of The Week: A I LOVE cats and I love TV. And I love to watch cats on TV. Ron Perlman

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Aug 26 2008, 5:37am

Post #6 of 64 (402 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's wonderful done, Kimi! What a lovely page!

It's so exciting - and particularly when I think about how the journal might look next year! It will be a real treasure, no doubt.

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

RosieLass
Valinor

Aug 26 2008, 6:00am

Post #7 of 64 (410 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm glad I have nine months to think about what I want to include. I can see already that the standards are very high! CrazySmile

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brains."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brains."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

- A. A. Milne

http://mallika.vox.com/

leo
Rohan

Aug 26 2008, 7:08am

Post #8 of 64 (407 views)
Shortcut
I am so giddy with excitement I can hardly contain myself ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

To think that this little journal will travel the world in over a years time... It'll go places most of us will never ever get to see; a very interesting idea!

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 26 2008, 7:52am

Post #9 of 64 (405 views)
Shortcut
Better get my thinking hat on! [In reply to] Can't Post

and dig out some photos and so on.

Nice job, Kimi!

Figwit Still Lives!

Calling for a Figwit cameo in The Hobbit since May 2008

leo
Rohan

Aug 26 2008, 10:04am

Post #10 of 64 (405 views)
Shortcut
Here you go... [In reply to] Can't Post

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 26 2008, 10:10am

Post #11 of 64 (399 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, leo! Cool

Figwit Still Lives!

Calling for a Figwit cameo in The Hobbit since May 2008

a.s.
Valinor

Aug 26 2008, 10:49am

Post #12 of 64 (413 views)
Shortcut
glad I have more than a year to get creative! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for letting us see The Journal page by page; it seems like forever until it gets out my way, so I am really enjoying seeing each page as it's done.

Also gives me time to think creatively. I hope all the good ideas aren't used up by the time it gets here to Tidewater.

To think I'll touch the wool that came off the sheep of a Tornsib on the other side of the world; what a wonderful experience this is going to be!!

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Aug 26 2008, 12:51pm

Post #13 of 64 (408 views)
Shortcut
Nooooooo . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're kidding, or that the cat hair will be really well enclosed. If I touch a cat, and then touch my husband (even after washing my hands), he gets a rash. Frown

"There was among them a family of high repute, for it was large and wealthier than most, and it was ruled by a grandmother of the folk, stern and wise in old lore, such as they had. The most inquisitive and curious minded of that family was called Sméagol."

leo
Rohan

Aug 26 2008, 1:20pm

Post #14 of 64 (402 views)
Shortcut
And because I am Dutch, I will put some 'special herbs' on my page... [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll see how far it gets ;-)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 26 2008, 7:05pm

Post #15 of 64 (398 views)
Shortcut
Heh. [In reply to] Can't Post

"Colonel Sanders was arrested yesterday - they found out what's in his secret herbs and spices."

/'80s joke.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 26 2008, 8:27pm

Post #16 of 64 (385 views)
Shortcut
Lol!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Aug 26 2008, 10:11pm

Post #17 of 64 (401 views)
Shortcut
I've been enjoying this so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wimped out on being included; I have a panic of damaging or somehow losing the journal. But I am following with great interest, and I find it very moving to think of this object visiting so many people who have only connected in cyberspace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Menelwyn
Rohan

Aug 26 2008, 11:59pm

Post #18 of 64 (373 views)
Shortcut
fun to see its progress! [In reply to] Can't Post

And Kimi, I'm glad to see you literally cut and pasted, too! I was feeling a bit unartistic compared to laerasea (no offense Smile).

And yes, laerasea, I am well aware of your advantages in that matter!

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2008, 12:21am

Post #19 of 64 (368 views)
Shortcut
I followed your lead [In reply to] Can't Post

with great relief! If I'd written freehand, or (even worse) attempted to draw something, it would not have been a pretty sight. I'm definitely lacking in talent regarding the visual arts.

It's already a well-travelled little journal!

My writing (including The Passing of Mistress Rose)

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 27 2008, 12:53am

Post #20 of 64 (364 views)
Shortcut
Still wish [In reply to] Can't Post

you'd join in Aunt Dora, you've been so much a part of it here and on the website.

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa

In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play (with thanks to grammaboodawg :) )
Is TORn...Is Good

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 27 2008, 12:55am

Post #21 of 64 (361 views)
Shortcut
*chuckling* [In reply to] Can't Post

I was so relieved to see yours Menelwyn, as I didn't have a clue what I was going to do, and like Kimi I plan to follow your leadWink
*hugs*
Kel x

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa

Is TORn...Is Good

(This post was edited by Kelvarhin on Aug 27 2008, 12:56am)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 27 2008, 1:01am

Post #22 of 64 (357 views)
Shortcut
So I shouldn't [In reply to] Can't Post

include any of my dogs fur then?

*makes note to self*

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa

Is TORn...Is Good

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 27 2008, 1:03am

Post #23 of 64 (369 views)
Shortcut
Interpol announces [In reply to] Can't Post

major breakthrough, arresting the notorious TORnado Gang Wink

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa

Is TORn...Is Good

(This post was edited by Kelvarhin on Aug 27 2008, 1:05am)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 27 2008, 1:04am

Post #24 of 64 (355 views)
Shortcut
I'm starting [In reply to] Can't Post

to wish I had more time, alternating between nerves and excitement LOL.

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa

Is TORn...Is Good

Laerasëa
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2008, 1:06am

Post #25 of 64 (359 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, all! Sorry for the lack of recent posting, I've been tied down with schoolwork (interesting schoolwork, but still work), and I'm probably going to be for the next few weeks (I'll still be hanging around here, just not posting much for a while), but I wanted to just pop in to say thanks to everyone for helping me with this- it's cool to see that people like it! (way more so than I originally predicted, anyway!)

I'll still get notified if I get a PM when I'm not here, so still feel free to send me any questions. Also, there is now a small mini-forum on the site for journal questions or comments, to save this forum from being clustered with random, minute updates (although I definitely would not count this as minute!!).

People who are not expecting the journal for another year: keep in mind that I tried to give lots of extra time for all the dates, to allow for postal error. Kimi was not expected to send the journal until Sep. 5! So, if everything goes perfectly (which it rarely does), then things should be way ahead of schedule by the time we approach the end of the list.

Ok, again, I'm really sorry for kind of "dropping out" from the boards for now, but I'll still be checking in often, talking to Kel (and Menelwyn, of course Wink) about the journal via email or PM, checking the site for updates, and occasionally posting (just not as much).

Apologies, and lots and lots of thanks!! Laugh

Traveling Journal Official Site
Thanks, Kel, for the amazing site!
Site Updates:
Guestbook/Forum
There is now a comments page- anyone can leave a comment or question, but please stick to TORn rules on posting!
***The Journal has arrived in New Zealand!!!***

"Many people don't know this, but I'm actually famous." -Sam "Mayday" Malone, Cheers
"There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist." -Mark Twain
"Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero." -F. Scott Fitzgerald
"Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men? " -Hugo

(This post was edited by laerasea on Aug 27 2008, 1:13am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.