Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
JRRT Author & Illustrator, ch. 5: LOTR: And That's All He Wrote! (... er, *drew*)

Luthien Rising
Lorien

Mar 25 2007, 1:45pm

Post #1 of 5 (4545 views)
Shortcut
JRRT Author & Illustrator, ch. 5: LOTR: And That's All He Wrote! (... er, *drew*) Can't Post

Well, it's actually far from it – Tolkien was a scribbler, and ideally this discussion would be able to be filled with pages of his manuscript, with little Helm's Deeps and caves and the like in the margins and in the middle of the text. And it would be full of his correspondence with his publishers (including his American publishers) over the details of design and illustration that preoccupied him as much as anything else. And I didn't even begin to talk about maps. See you again in 2023, or 2048 for these US-hosted web servers?

*opens the floors to commentary*

Lúthien Rising
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. / We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

a.s.
Valinor

Mar 25 2007, 6:27pm

Post #2 of 5 (4234 views)
Shortcut
Vicodin does not apparently mix well with RR discussions [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
See you again in 2023, or 2048 for these US-hosted web servers?

OK, LR: I don't get it! Am I like, obtuse?

I injured my already bad knee and am on crutches and pretty nifty pain meds. That's my excuse for not talking sensibly, and also my excuse for not understanding the above sentence.

I'll be happy to see you again any time, though, including 2023 or (God willing) 2048 (I'll be 94 years old, girl!!)

a.s. (sorry I didn't contribute very much, I tried but the knee won out)

"an seileachan"

Some say once you're gone, you're gone forever, and some say you're gonna come back.
Some say you rest in the arms of the Savior if sinful ways you lack.
Some say that they're coming back in a garden, bunch of carrots and little sweet peas.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.
~~~~Iris DeMent

Luthien Rising
Lorien

Mar 25 2007, 7:48pm

Post #3 of 5 (4213 views)
Shortcut
lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

death +50 (75 in the U.S.) is when Tolkien's work falls into the public domain -- out of copyright.

Lúthien Rising
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. / We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

a.s.
Valinor

Mar 25 2007, 10:57pm

Post #4 of 5 (4208 views)
Shortcut
ha HA!!! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
death +50 (75 in the U.S.) is when Tolkien's work falls into the public domain -- out of copyright.

"an seileachan"

Some say once you're gone, you're gone forever, and some say you're gonna come back.
Some say you rest in the arms of the Savior if sinful ways you lack.
Some say that they're coming back in a garden, bunch of carrots and little sweet peas.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.
~~~~Iris DeMent

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Apr 4 2007, 1:58am

Post #5 of 5 (4444 views)
Shortcut
I am sorry I didn't participate [In reply to] Can't Post

during your week. I was on serious overload...with my own upcoming discussion adn other things happening all at the same time.

I just went through all our posts and gave my answers to all but one.
Thank you for all your work
DoN

Alan Lee Discussion week: starts March 25th in the Reading Room
Discussion Ideas, Alan Lee–Introduction, Scanned images for Alan Lee Discussion.

Art Gallery Revised, ORC pic of Hawaii friends, my drawings,
Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory
Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.