Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TORn & Sideshow Collectibles to give away a "Premium Format" Frodo to Message Board members!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 23 2007, 9:27pm

Post #1 of 43 (1191 views)
Shortcut
TORn & Sideshow Collectibles to give away a "Premium Format" Frodo to Message Board members! Can't Post

As a thank you to all of the regulars who've re-registered on our new message boards, and to all the new people who have joined us here, TORn and Sideshow Collectibles are teaming up to give away a "Premium Format Frodo" Statue, pictured below:

A Battle of Helm's Deep set, by Play Along is being offered as a second prize:

All you need to do is register on the new message boards and post at least one message (or reply to a message) by Thursday April 5, 2007. A drawing will be held on April 6 from registered users who qualify to determine the winner. What a way to celebrate joining the community!

For instructions on how to register, see TORN 201 in the Welcome Forum. If you've already registered and are participating on the new boards, you're already registered to win!

For a complete description of the statue, visit the Sideshow Collectibles website. A description of the Battle of Helm’s Deep set can be found here.

(If you encounter problems registering, please email altaira @ theonering . net)

Terms and Conditions:

Delivery for the contest winner:
The winner must allow 4-6 weeks after announcement of win to receive the product from Sideshow Collectibles. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole discretion. See below for more International Shipping Terms. To get the latest news from Sideshow Collectibles, join our Newsletter!

Delivery time & Restrictions:
All continental US orders are shipped via either UPS or FedEx ground service. Because FedEx cannot provide tracking numbers for P.O. Boxes, Sideshow Collectibles will no longer ship to a P.O. Box. Please provide your street address or your shipment will be delayed. For FedEx Ground deliveries, please allow up to 6 business days for delivery from the date your order is shipped.

International Shipping Restrictions:
At this time Sideshow Collectibles is unable to make shipments to Venezuela or Nigeria. Please Click Here for further international shipping information and restrictions.

Other:
All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption and/or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All international winners will be responsible for any duties, tariffs, taxes or import fees assessed to their prize. Further some countries outside of the U.S. do not have reliable mail services. In the event that a prize has been stolen or mishandled during shipment to an international destination, Sideshow may not be able to replace the specific item and will substitute a prize at its own discretion. If the winner prefers a specific quicker shipping method, they are responsible to notify us immediately and will also be responsible to cover the additional costs if any. At this time, we do not accept credit cards from Mexico. Refer to our Help Desk for alternative payment options.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Mar 27 2007, 6:23pm)

Hyarion
The Shire

Mar 23 2007, 11:45pm

Post #2 of 43 (817 views)
Shortcut
Premium Format [In reply to] Can't Post

Great contest! Sideshow continues to impress me by constantly giving away so many great prizes.

Also, it's Premium Format, not Professional Format :)

Tolkien Gateway

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 23 2007, 11:54pm

Post #3 of 43 (791 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Hyarion! [In reply to] Can't Post

At least I got it right in the body of the post. Blush

*goes to change other posts*

Good luck! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

diedye
Grey Havens

Mar 24 2007, 3:25am

Post #4 of 43 (833 views)
Shortcut
*tapping foot*... [In reply to] Can't Post

So what does a woman have to do around here to get the Boromir 12-inch figure, huh?!

Eat MrC's sandwiches?!

Light Inferno's B-B-Q?!

Dam Silverlode's tears?!

Hang Hengist's Angst?!

Or do I have to resort to desperate measures and drop my loincloth?!

WHAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!!

Meh.

I'll take what I can get. A freebie's a freebie and that Frodo looks cool.

FantasyFan
Rohan

Mar 24 2007, 12:09pm

Post #5 of 43 (774 views)
Shortcut
Frodo is beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

And that's a great contest.

So I assume that by replying to this message, I'm actually already entered! Couldn't be easier.
Thanks!

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 24 2007, 1:02pm

Post #6 of 43 (772 views)
Shortcut
*geeky hand-clapping* What a GREAT SURPRISE! [In reply to] Can't Post

*blows kisses*

Thank you! Thank you! It's an honour just to be nominated...

I don't get many chances to practice my speech. ;)

WAY COOL!!!! :D

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Elven
Valinor

Mar 24 2007, 6:07pm

Post #7 of 43 (768 views)
Shortcut
WOW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou!!!

What a great prize!!

I certainly wouldnt say no to either of them!!!

Better clean the cabinet up, just in case ... Wink

WOOHOO!!!

Heart Elven x

"Never wash your name in hot water Elvenesque - it shrinks!" said the Gaffer.
Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Mar 24 2007, 6:49pm

Post #8 of 43 (771 views)
Shortcut
With no disrespect to Frodo [In reply to] Can't Post

I can just see my grandchildren and me playing with that Helm's Deep set! Does it include a little Aragorn, a little Theoden, etc?

Patty
Immortal

Mar 24 2007, 6:58pm

Post #9 of 43 (757 views)
Shortcut
Great contest! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is unbelievable. A contest to thank us for doing something that was a pleasure to do anyway. WOW.

At home, amongst the Mallorn trees.

Elf Princess of Lorien
Bree

Mar 24 2007, 10:51pm

Post #10 of 43 (750 views)
Shortcut
That's so nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

How cool!

'Mercy!' cried Gandalf.  'If the giving of information is to be the cure of you inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you.  What more do you want to know?'
'The names of all the stars, and of all living things, and the whole history of Middle-earth and Over-heaven and of the Sundering Seas,' laughed Pippin.  'Of course!  What less?'"

WhiteLadyEowyn
Rivendell

Mar 25 2007, 3:49am

Post #11 of 43 (753 views)
Shortcut
So I have a question [In reply to] Can't Post

If we are already registered on the board and have already made posts/replied to posts, do we have to do more to get our names into the running?

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Mar 25 2007, 5:12am

Post #12 of 43 (760 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Sideshow and TORn!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sideshow really does live up to their contests!!!! I won Mace Windu and Sith Anakin from a contest on their website a while ago! Even my horse though they were cool!

The repetition, the doubling and the long strands of interconnected narrative all mean something. They say that life is a series of cycles, and that we will likely meet the same kinds of archetypal guardians, opponents and allies at various stages along the way. But the nature of the conflicts changes as you age and grow over the span of an epic. Reading 'The Lord of the Rings' in my 20s, I was inspired by its idealism, but also terrified by its vision of middle life and old age as a patient, plodding struggle against the mundane grinding of evil. Seeing the movie meant something else to me from my current perspective, around the corner of age fifty, reminding me that the raw intensity of youthful dreams still has purity and power. At the same time, I felt the death of comrades in the movie keenly, for comrades have started to fall around me, and I looked to the story for the courage to continue the struggle without them.~As the legend says, 'One Ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.' We were certainly bound in the darkness, me and that afternoon's audience for the first chapter of 'The Lord of the Rings,' fellow travelers on a long journey together, seeking meaning for our shadowed world in the mirror of a myth, just as humans have always done.~Christopher Vogler

Frodo
The Shire

Mar 25 2007, 6:03am

Post #13 of 43 (740 views)
Shortcut
Frodo figure [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be so cool to win a figure of my favorite character. I honestly think this is the best representation of Frodo I have seen. Good luck to all.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf - Shadow of the Past - Fellowship of the Ring

Stapper
Lorien

Mar 25 2007, 4:52pm

Post #14 of 43 (746 views)
Shortcut
Nice gesture! [In reply to] Can't Post

And it's an easy way to enter the contest too :)

In case I should win, I can only hope I don't need a credit card in order to pay for any extra charges...

Belinda's law: The chance a computer crashes is proportional to the importance of the document you're working on

FOTR:50 links / Samwise's cookbook / TORn birthday calendar / 'Things you never (want to) hear people say' list

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2007, 9:29pm

Post #15 of 43 (731 views)
Shortcut
Awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

That is really neat. I got a chance to see Frodo at ORC, and it is really a great piece by Sideshow. Good luck to everyone. =D

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 26 2007, 3:34am

Post #16 of 43 (738 views)
Shortcut
You've done all you need to do, WLE [In reply to] Can't Post

If we are already registered on the board and have already made posts/replied to posts, do we have to do more to get our names into the running?

Nope. That's it. You're already entered.

Easy, peasy, huh? Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

EowynDernhelm

Mar 26 2007, 11:37pm

Post #17 of 43 (719 views)
Shortcut
Oooooh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Post a message on TORn for a chance to win a Premium Format Frodo?

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

For some reason, EowynDernhelm's genuine Legolas autograph fails to impress.

FrodoBagginsLives

Mar 27 2007, 2:25pm

Post #18 of 43 (711 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is so cool......

I will take the ring to Mordor....though I don't know the way.

jamesfrederick

Mar 27 2007, 7:05pm

Post #19 of 43 (754 views)
Shortcut
If I win... [In reply to] Can't Post

If I win this contest, I will help Frodo bear his burden as long as it is his to bear.

If, by my life or death, I can protect you, I will. You have my sword.
And, you have my bow.
And my axe.

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 27 2007, 7:55pm

Post #20 of 43 (711 views)
Shortcut
Lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure Frodo appreciates that. Wink

Welcome to the message boards, jamesfrederick! I hope you enjoy it here. Smile

TORn Calendar

Evernight
Rivendell

Mar 28 2007, 1:56pm

Post #21 of 43 (705 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you very much for this great give away...Smile

[URL=http://imageshack.us]

"Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it."

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Mar 28 2007, 11:57pm

Post #22 of 43 (707 views)
Shortcut
My post to enter [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, sure, any post anywhere would work, but why not here? Smile

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2007, 1:55am

Post #23 of 43 (699 views)
Shortcut
I can't carry the ring, but I can carry you! / [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but it's springtime and I'm shedding.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2007, 1:56am

Post #24 of 43 (713 views)
Shortcut
Like taxes. [In reply to] Can't Post

What if this is like that Oprah Winfrey show where she gave everyone in the audience a new car, but many people couldn’t afford to pay the taxes on it? How much is this thing worth, anyway? Is it going to put me in a higher tax bracket? *panics*

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but it's springtime and I'm shedding.

IMZMAN

Mar 29 2007, 3:27am

Post #25 of 43 (705 views)
Shortcut
Contest [In reply to] Can't Post

Sideshow is the best !! Great piece !!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.