Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
A nice pickup for my collection

Hobbiton
Rivendell

Jul 31 2008, 1:40am

Post #1 of 8 (745 views)
Shortcut
A nice pickup for my collection Can't Post

I picked this up for $3 at the used bookstore closest to my house. I didn't think I would find anything dating this far back.

This is a picture from the net, mine is in better condition. The spine is a little damaged on mine.

bearagorn
Lorien

Jul 31 2008, 6:37pm

Post #2 of 8 (868 views)
Shortcut
Good find. [In reply to] Can't Post

Its always good to find a Tolkien bargain. Smile

Buchanicus
Lorien

Aug 1 2008, 8:39am

Post #3 of 8 (470 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love those editions of the books!

I'm also guilty of buying "different" editions of LotR and The Hobbit at used bookstores. Most of my friends don't understand, they always say "why do you need so many copies of the same book?". I just grin...

TORn member formally known as ryan1976.

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2008, 7:09pm

Post #4 of 8 (479 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the trip down memory lane! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was the edition I first read! My dad had bought them back in the 70s.

I re-read those paperbacks so many times that their covers fell off; they have sadly since disintegrated.

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hobbiton
Rivendell

Aug 2 2008, 5:04am

Post #5 of 8 (649 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I love those editions of the books!

I'm also guilty of buying "different" editions of LotR and The Hobbit at used bookstores. Most of my friends don't understand, they always say "why do you need so many copies of the same book?". I just grin...

Everytime I see a different cover I buy it. If anyone asks why I just say it's the greatest story ever told, and I'll never tire of reading them, and the artwork is just so cool.

drogo
Lorien

Aug 7 2008, 11:31am

Post #6 of 8 (355 views)
Shortcut
Good find! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's always nice to find one of those Barbara Remington covers in decent shape!

visualweasel
Rohan

Sep 3 2008, 3:05pm

Post #7 of 8 (1359 views)
Shortcut
If anybody else is looking for them, I can help [In reply to] Can't Post

My local used bookstores almost always has a copy or two of the set with the Remington covers. If anybody's looking, just reply to this post or drop me a PM.

Jason Fisher
Lingwë - Musings of a Fish

The Lord of the Rings discussion 2007-2008 – The Two Towers – III.4 “Treebeard” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Aerin
Grey Havens

Sep 12 2008, 4:36am

Post #8 of 8 (569 views)
Shortcut
Same here! [In reply to] Can't Post

This was the first edition I read! I thought mine were lost forever, but after my mother died, they turned up in her house -- not in horrible condition, either. Fortunately, they had been under some furniture on the ground floor, rather than in the basement or attic, where they would have mildewed or been eaten by mice. Well, two volumes turned up, anyway; I'm hoping "The Two Towers" is still in some box we haven't sorted through!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.