Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
"Born of Hope" resumes filming...

diedye
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2008, 5:27pm

Post #1 of 9 (130 views)
Shortcut
"Born of Hope" resumes filming... Can't Post

An update on the LOTR-inspired movie which have many fans anxious for its internet debut...

From EADT...

'Lord of the Rings' film shot in Suffolk

JAMES MORTLOCK

A SAXON village reconstructed in the heart of the Suffolk countryside will be immortalised on film thanks to a Lord of the Rings-inspired movie.

A week of filming for Born of Hope at the West Stow Anglo Saxon village near Bury St Edmunds culminated yesterday with the shooting of the final scenes in the fictional Dunedain settlement of Taurdal, home to the chieftain Arador and his son Arathom.

Born of Hope will be a 60-minute film for free internet download for Lord of the Rings fans worldwide.[..]

It is the brainchild of actor/film-maker Kate Madison, who says the non-commercial production was being made purely for entertainment purposes and to “keep the storytelling history of Middle Earth alive”.

She said material from a test shoot had been well received at many conventions and exhibitions around the world and the Born of Hope team had a large following awaiting the release of the completed film. [..]

The film is expected to be released next year.

//

Argh, another whole year?! It seems like forever since this thing started!

Speaking of productions with no end... anyone heard anything lately about Ancanar? It seems to be in limbo... it's not even on the IMDB site anymore.

Patty
Immortal

Jul 21 2008, 5:35pm

Post #2 of 9 (88 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this info, diedye. I was just... [In reply to] Can't Post

trying to find out more about this and The Search for Gollum yesterday, and left a post on the BornofHope website asking that when any more info was forthcoming if they would please let TheOneRing.net know. Talk about timing!

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

ArathornJax
Lorien

Jul 21 2008, 6:32pm

Post #3 of 9 (89 views)
Shortcut
My Avatar [In reply to] Can't Post

is taken from the Born of Hope and is an image of actor Christopher Dane who plays Arathorn. You can view the trailer HERE Watch the entire trailer for at the end you'll see Gilraen walking away with toddler Aragorn. I would imagine this is after Arathorn is slain and she is taking Aragorn to be raised in Rivendell. I believe on the site it says that they will be filming and in post production for the rest of this year, thus the release date of next year. I'm looking forward to this and would remind fans that they do take donations since they are not making a profit on the movie.

" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

Come over to the LOTR Movie Thread and discuss the 1981 BBC Adaptation of the LOTR.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 21 2008, 7:41pm

Post #4 of 9 (64 views)
Shortcut
And here I thought [In reply to] Can't Post

your avatar was you in costume! Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Jul 21 2008, 7:46pm

Post #5 of 9 (60 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought that too!Smile
The films sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing it.

In Reply To
your avatar was you in costume! Laugh

Brian Blessed for Thorin!

burrahobbit
Rohan

Jul 21 2008, 8:09pm

Post #6 of 9 (88 views)
Shortcut
Hunt for Gollum seems to be making progress [In reply to] Can't Post

The website says it will be finished at the end of this year which is a bit sooner! The trailer showed some nice landscape photography and costumes so I'm quite curious about how it turns out. The Born of Hope footage didn't grab me quite as much.

View my Hobbit Film Adaptation Discussion

ArathornJax
Lorien

Jul 21 2008, 8:45pm

Post #7 of 9 (57 views)
Shortcut
Your not [In reply to] Can't Post

the only one. I've gotten several messages about this so I thought this was a good place to state that. I'm similar to Mr. Dane; I have a goatee and have the same hair color, with the same amount of gray being 43 right now. I differ from him in that I have brown eyes. One of these day's I may dress up in costume and post it instead.

" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

Come over to the LOTR Movie Thread and discuss the 1981 BBC Adaptation of the LOTR.

Elven
Valinor

Jul 22 2008, 12:37pm

Post #8 of 9 (55 views)
Shortcut
WOW! They finished it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good for them!

Middle-Earth film have a theme of being "Long Expected" - looks like this one is no different - though I give them credit to even get it off the ground with their budget - zilch!
Good for them! Smile

Im really looking forward to seeing this!

Cheers
Elven x

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

WonderBroad
Lorien

Jul 22 2008, 3:58pm

Post #9 of 9 (57 views)
Shortcut
Not finished [In reply to] Can't Post

They've just shot some of the film's scenes this past week in West Stow, not all of them. It won't be completely done for a while. But I am as anxious as you are to see it!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.