Books or Movie?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Gondorian_Ranger
Rivendell

Jul 14 2008, 9:50pm

Post #151 of 152 (3464 views)
Shortcut
It's the books for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not particularly concerned what form a scene takes, I'll enjoy it whether it be written in a book or displayed on a screen infront of me but the only way I'm going to find out every little thing that went on concerning the fellowship of the ring during the war of the ring is by reading the books and so I have to say that I get far more enjoyment from them, if only for their level of content, however I do find the films convey emotion far better than any book can, with their beautiful music and the wonderful performances of their actors combined.

"The city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed, FOR GONDOR!"
Photobucket

sphdle1
Gondor

Jul 15 2008, 5:00pm

Post #152 of 152 (3798 views)
Shortcut
Well I finally [In reply to] Can't Post

read each of the books, and have to say they were very descriptive, but not nearly as good as the movies.

OK I didn't read the books, but I was at the book store this past weekend, while my wife and daughters were looking for some new books. In my bordom, I went over and checked out the LOTR books, and read a few lines of each. So I did read the books, just not all of them, or rather barely any of them.

I'm starting to see that people are just different, have different interests, and that's what makes each of us unique. My wife and one of my daughters would pick the book over a movie most times, but my other daughter is on the fence, and myself, I don't even like to read at all. I got the sense though while at the book store, of how a reader could really get into to it, like I do with my movies, as they were so excited when we got to the book store, checking out all the fresh new books, neatly displayed in alphabetical order by author, and sectioned by genre.
I felt the same excitement they did not 20 minutes later, when I went to the electronics department at Walmart and picked up my first ever Blu-ray disc player and a blu-ray disc...sweet!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.