The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
another TV LOTR reference

paleostone
Bree

Mar 22 2007, 12:52am

Post #1 of 6 (749 views)
Shortcut
another TV LOTR reference Can't Post

My daughter is watching Class of 3000, a cartoon about music students. They were on a field trip and climbing a mountain to get to a porta potty (never said it was high brow) anyway "Sunny Dee" one of their teachers stood in front of them with a staff raised high and said. "You shall not pass!" It has filtered down even to that level.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 23 2007, 6:15am

Post #2 of 6 (527 views)
Shortcut
See, I love that it has... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I doubt we'll ever pass the references to Star Wars in recognizable quotes.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Radhruin
Rohan

Mar 24 2007, 8:32am

Post #3 of 6 (507 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

What about "My Precious"? Precioussssss, or variations thereof? That one is pretty well ingrained in popular lingo now I think. More than Star Wars? Yeah, at least as much. And there are probably a very few others, although Star Wars is definitely the standard to compare it to.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 24 2007, 2:10pm

Post #4 of 6 (519 views)
Shortcut
My daughter got a fortune cookie the other day with a Star Wars quote [In reply to] Can't Post

It said "Do, or do not. There is no try."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

ringhead91
Rivendell

Mar 24 2007, 6:41pm

Post #5 of 6 (502 views)
Shortcut
*giggles uncontrollably* {NT} [In reply to] Can't Post

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2007, 10:51pm

Post #6 of 6 (513 views)
Shortcut
LOL! :D /nt [In reply to] Can't Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.