The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
NEB is the soul of tactfulness, but

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 10 2008, 11:05pm

Post #1 of 19 (575 views)
Shortcut
NEB is the soul of tactfulness, but Can't Post

There's a post on Main asking if Sam and Frodo are "wierd" that is potentially inflammatory. NEB's response was very tactful but firm, so maybe that's all that's needed, but an Admin might want to take a look.

I'm personally irritated to the point I am not going to respond! LOL. Better, that way.

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Voorhas
Lorien

Jul 10 2008, 11:14pm

Post #2 of 19 (383 views)
Shortcut
On a Vaguely Related Note... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I'm sensing an uptick in baiting posts and (borderline!) trolling around these parts. Some of it subtly disguised, some of it less so. Maybe it's just my imagination?

Not going to mention any nicknames, but I will urge fellow users to not respond to flame-baiting posts. It just encourages 'em.

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -- E.A. Poe

(This post was edited by Voorhas on Jul 10 2008, 11:15pm)

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Jul 10 2008, 11:29pm

Post #3 of 19 (373 views)
Shortcut
Even the deleted posts just add to my total. ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

And I never pass up a chance to promote squire's stupendous "Stewed Rabbit" discussion or Modtheow's excellent MFS essay.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us July 7-13 for "The Black Gate Is Closed".

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 10 2008, 11:37pm

Post #4 of 19 (364 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Admins! [In reply to] Can't Post

What would we do without y'all?

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
July Screencap of the Day Schedule

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 11 2008, 12:15am

Post #5 of 19 (364 views)
Shortcut
My hero. And where is there to go, after Valinor? [In reply to] Can't Post

They'll have to make a new destination for post-Valinor. I suggest 10,000 posts puts one "Beyond the Circles of the World".

Cool

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Jul 11 2008, 12:19am

Post #6 of 19 (341 views)
Shortcut
Gramma's already more than halfway there. // [In reply to] Can't Post

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us July 7-13 for "The Black Gate Is Closed".

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jul 11 2008, 12:34am

Post #7 of 19 (332 views)
Shortcut
The Halls of Fandos?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Far he journeyed in that ship, even into the starless voids; but most often was he seen at morning or at evening, glimmering in sunrise or sunset, as he came back to Valinor from voyages beyond the confines of the world.

More pictures here.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 11 2008, 12:38am

Post #8 of 19 (337 views)
Shortcut
How many posts until I get to be Manwe? // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2008, 12:41am

Post #9 of 19 (434 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

that would also require a little surgery...

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jul 11 2008, 2:31am

Post #10 of 19 (444 views)
Shortcut
You mean [In reply to] Can't Post

you can't provide this service!!!!

My faith is shattered...........

ROFLMAO

AngelicEvil

Valinor, O Valinor
Andavë yányë hyarya
Tumna yá nyèna minya fëa
An Valinor, lissë Eldamar

Kelvarhin's Universe
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play (with thanks to grammaboodawg :) )
Is TORn...Is Good

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 11 2008, 3:50am

Post #11 of 19 (334 views)
Shortcut
What if I just switch to the Star Wars fandom? [In reply to] Can't Post

Because apparently only men like Star Wars...

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site

ArathornJax
Lorien

Jul 11 2008, 4:01am

Post #12 of 19 (330 views)
Shortcut
Please don't [In reply to] Can't Post

insult real men with boys . . . . please . . .

" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

Come over to the LOTR Movie Thread and discuss the 1981 BBC Adaptation of the LOTR.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 11 2008, 4:13am

Post #13 of 19 (307 views)
Shortcut
My apologies, sir :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site

ArathornJax
Lorien

Jul 11 2008, 5:37am

Post #14 of 19 (309 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

apology needed. I guess I just wanted to make a point that not all, the majority, most of us are not the immature boys that some are being. I vow to avoid their threads from now on.

" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

Come over to the LOTR Movie Thread and discuss the 1981 BBC Adaptation of the LOTR.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2008, 5:41am

Post #15 of 19 (308 views)
Shortcut
We are [In reply to] Can't Post

coming up to the surface of public awareness again with all the Hobbit news. The rising tide always brings in a little flotsam and jetsam; driftwood, seaweed, the occasional dead jellyfish....

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 11 2008, 5:55am

Post #16 of 19 (299 views)
Shortcut
Oh, come on! [In reply to] Can't Post

The immature little mice-not-men are soooo fun to bat around! And we don't even use claws! Maybe some meowing, but no claws, usually. =)

ArathornJax
Lorien

Jul 11 2008, 6:00am

Post #17 of 19 (305 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

you made me ROTFL and in the end, laughter is the best medicine.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jul 11 2008, 5:25pm

Post #18 of 19 (385 views)
Shortcut
You know, on the Internet you never know. [In reply to] Can't Post

That troll might be a girl herself. I certainly don't judge any group of people by one person who claims to be a member of that group. That's stereotyping (or is that typing with two hands?) The men on this board are wonderful *raises a glass to the guys*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 13 2008, 7:54am

Post #19 of 19 (334 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That's stereotyping (or is that typing with two hands?)

*quietly applauds* Cool

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.