Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Idle Idol Chatter

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Mar 21 2007, 10:11am

Views: 160
Shortcut
Idle Idol Chatter Can't Post

Apologies to Farawyn, but you dropped the ball, girlfriend!

This week was actually the most enjoyable show of the season so far, I thought. I think everyone did well, and most everyone did very well.

Haley – I really don’t like her, but she was great tonight. I love this song, and she did a great version of it. She will definitely be back next week.

Chris R – GREAT performance.I'm definitely not a fan, and I wasn’t expecting much from him with this song, but he ended up nailing it.

Jordin – best performance of the night. Hands down, not even close. She “blew it out the box” tonight, as the dawg would say. Yeeeeah.

Beat-box-boy – I am SO tired of the wave/moonwalk crap, but he did something tonight that rarely happens: he took a song I hate and made me really like it. He may have had the second best performance of the night, right behind Jordin.

Lakisha – looked great, tore it up as usual. She is so good that a great performance like this just seems like standard fare. I would’ve rather seen her do something girl-groupy/doo-woppy, but she’s still great, whatever she does.

Nosferatu – probably the worst performance of the night. Not as bad as he usually does, but not close to as good as the others. What was all over his shirt? He looked like he just finished changing someone’s oil at Jiffy Lube. AWFUL performance. He’s going home this week.

Stephanie – shockingly unimpressive. I love this song and was expecting big things. But she managed to make it boring for me. Plus she keeps sounding like a bad Beyonce ripoff. She’s a good singer, but has a long way to go. She’ll be gone within three weeks.

Sanjaya – like Simon said – that goofy crying girl’s face says it all. What a bizarre chapter to American Idol. I don’t get it.

Gina – I don’t like her at all. She shrieked through this performance and never should’ve made the top 12. If Nosferatu manages to dodge the stake tonight, Gina will be the victim.

Chris Sligh – good. Not great, not spectacular, but a solid performance.

Melinda – wonderful as always. She didn’t particularly stand out this week, but she’s still the best singer in the competition.
Getting cut this week: Nosferatu or Joan Jett

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter #43, to his son Michael

(This post was edited by FingonOfPittsburgh on Mar 21 2007, 10:13am)

Subject User Time
Idle Idol Chatter FingonOfPittsburgh Send a private message to FingonOfPittsburgh Mar 21 2007, 10:11am
    THAT'S IT! Aerlinn Send a private message to Aerlinn Mar 21 2007, 1:25pm
    Umm... Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 21 2007, 1:49pm
    I am still astonished... CAhobbit Send a private message to CAhobbit Mar 21 2007, 3:59pm
        Me too. Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 21 2007, 4:38pm
        A lesson from the distant past: Tony DiFranco. / GaladrielTX Send a private message to GaladrielTX Mar 21 2007, 5:28pm
            I had no idea who that was... CAhobbit Send a private message to CAhobbit Mar 21 2007, 6:13pm
    I haven't been watching it much grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 21 2007, 4:36pm
    Keep the ball for a bit, Fing! Farawyn Send a private message to Farawyn Mar 21 2007, 7:39pm
        re FingonOfPittsburgh Send a private message to FingonOfPittsburgh Mar 21 2007, 8:02pm
    I'm liking Jordin less and less. *ducks* Aerin Send a private message to Aerin Mar 21 2007, 8:15pm
    To me it seemed like Sanjaya Foe Send a private message to Foe Mar 21 2007, 11:23pm
        Nah, I'm sure Aerin Send a private message to Aerin Mar 22 2007, 3:39am
    Wow. Foe Send a private message to Foe Mar 22 2007, 3:41am
        The only real surprise for me Aerin Send a private message to Aerin Mar 22 2007, 4:56am
            Right. Aerlinn Send a private message to Aerlinn Mar 22 2007, 2:09pm
                Well... Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 22 2007, 3:36pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.