The Gaffers Home Brew vs. my Porter

rseppala
The Shire

Jul 1 2008, 4:52am

Post #1 of 9 (4826 views)
Shortcut
The Gaffers Home Brew vs. my Porter Can't Post

Well,

It's a worthy contest! LOL Who brews the best Ale...

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2008, 8:16am

Post #2 of 9 (999 views)
Shortcut
The Gaffer's, [In reply to] Can't Post

because I imagine that home brew in the Shire is a point of one-upsmanship as everyone tries to produce the best, so over the years each Hobbit has become exceptionally good at it!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jul 1 2008, 8:22am

Post #3 of 9 (1040 views)
Shortcut
My hubby does ;P [In reply to] Can't Post

but in your contest, probably the Gaffer Wink

Cheers Kelvarhin x

Valinor, O Valinor
AndavŽ yŠnyŽ hyarya
Tumna yŠ nyŤna minya fŽa
An Valinor, lissŽ Eldamar

Kelvarhin's Universe
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play (with thanks to grammaboodawg :) )
Is TORn...Is Good

rseppala
The Shire

Jul 1 2008, 11:26am

Post #4 of 9 (1280 views)
Shortcut
I got an idea... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya maybe, plus the Gaffer is older than me, ergo more experience brewing. Sounds like it would be a pretty cool contest though! Who ever wins, by way of best home brew of course, becomes The Gaffer for one year. So it would be like a title you hold, and you take home a Barrel with your name etched on it, kind of like the Stanley Cup

:)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 1 2008, 9:41pm

Post #5 of 9 (1006 views)
Shortcut
I have to say the Gaffer as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I imagine he has the brewing of ale down to an art by now Smile

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
July Screencap of the Day Schedule

Woodyend
Gondor

Jul 1 2008, 9:45pm

Post #6 of 9 (974 views)
Shortcut
Iím also leaning toward the Gafferís..... [In reply to] Can't Post

organically grown homebrew.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jul 2 2008, 5:26am

Post #7 of 9 (1136 views)
Shortcut
Research [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this will take an awful lot of research to judge properly. Roll the barrels in!

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

rseppala
The Shire

Jul 2 2008, 2:17pm

Post #8 of 9 (4555 views)
Shortcut
yeah! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I could remember all the words to that song "Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun!" lol In college my German Professor made us sing it auf Deutsch. An elvish version would be pretty cool...

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 5:37pm

Post #9 of 9 (449 views)
Shortcut
gaffer [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.