Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
FOTR screening at AMPAS' screening, with discussion panel...

diedye
Grey Havens

Jun 24 2008, 10:06pm

Post #1 of 7 (1272 views)
Shortcut
FOTR screening at AMPAS' screening, with discussion panel... Can't Post

From VFX World:

The 2001 Best Picture nominee THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING will be screened as the next feature in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' "Great To Be Nominated" series. The fantasy about a hobbit and his epic quest to end the reign of evil in his land by destroying an ancient ring will screen on Monday, June 30, at 7:30 p.m. at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater.

Following the screening, producer Barrie Osborne, executive producer Mark Ordesky, film editor John Gilbert, supervising sound editor Ethan Van der Ryn, Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor Jim Rygiel and U.S. casting director Victoria Burrows will participate in a discussion about the film.

You can read the rest of the article, which has info on how to get tickets tickets for the event, here.

Dang, these are times when I wish I was a "Jumper" just like in that Hayden Christensen movie. Frown

R.I.P.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 25 2008, 10:15am

Post #2 of 7 (728 views)
Shortcut
OMG! What an event! [In reply to] Can't Post

And to have Osborne and Ordesky involved would be Wonderful! I've been hoping their names would be surfacing in the development of The Hobbit and Film2; but seeing them on this discussion panel with the others as the Academy takes a serious look at these films (beginning with FotR) thrills me!

*shakes fist in the air* CURSES to the oil/economic games ripping away all hopes of participation!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 25 2008, 4:14pm

Post #3 of 7 (704 views)
Shortcut
Great to be Nominated [In reply to] Can't Post

The series is called "Great to be Nominated" and only shows the film that had the most nominations in any given year that did not win one of the major awards. So, in 2002, FOTR received 14 Noms, won 4 awards, but none of the Big ones. I do not believe TTT qualifies for the following year, and obviously, ROTK won the major awards, so it does not qualify either.

I got tickets the day they went on sale, so I'll definitely be there, and hope to be able to ask a question or two of the panel, so this should be good times. The Academy always hosts such nice events, and it's a beautiful theater, so I'm looking forward to this.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Patty
Immortal

Jun 25 2008, 5:27pm

Post #4 of 7 (707 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking it was only nominated for 13... [In reply to] Can't Post

but who's counting?Blush

I soo envy you for being able to go to this. I'm sure it will be a great experience. Promise you'll post and share the adventure with us? Heart

I need to move to California.....

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 25 2008, 6:10pm

Post #5 of 7 (723 views)
Shortcut
will do [In reply to] Can't Post

I am a TORn staffer, so no worries about taking copious notes and writing up a review of the panel discussion on my part.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Patty
Immortal

Jun 25 2008, 6:14pm

Post #6 of 7 (684 views)
Shortcut
Ah, great. [In reply to] Can't Post

How did I not know that, when I've been here longer than most??!!

We love pictures, too.Wink

Thanks for "working" on our behalf.

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 25 2008, 8:27pm

Post #7 of 7 (714 views)
Shortcut
I'm not on the site that often [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, I visit the site nearly daily, but I mostly do the parties and events. So, anyone going to the Oscar parties and the conventions (ORC and ELF) would know who I was. Otherwise, it's just some of the LA based stories that I've posted that let's people know I'm here.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.