Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
I don't think anyone has posted this before... Aragorn vs. King Arthur

Dagonet
Lorien

Jun 18 2008, 6:02pm

Post #1 of 9 (3751 views)
Shortcut
I don't think anyone has posted this before... Aragorn vs. King Arthur Can't Post

I'm tornEvil. What do you think

Dagonet,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shdows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 18 2008, 7:54pm

Post #2 of 9 (852 views)
Shortcut
Arthur [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn tries his best with a broken blade, but that huge boulder on the end of Arthur's sword squishes him like a bug.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

Jun 19 2008, 8:19pm

Post #3 of 9 (794 views)
Shortcut
I say Arthur too, but for a different reason. [In reply to] Can't Post

He has Sir Gawain on his side. I don't think Aragorn has any magicly strengthed knights on his side, though he does have a wizard. Wait, so does Arthur. Definately Arrthur.

Eglario Valar!
It's me!
It's me!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 19 2008, 8:52pm

Post #4 of 9 (836 views)
Shortcut
If they can bring help, then Aragorn. [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas is a one-person Agincourt.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Woodyend
Gondor

Jun 19 2008, 9:57pm

Post #5 of 9 (786 views)
Shortcut
I think Arthur has the edge.... [In reply to] Can't Post

because he is incased in metal, and has a more powerful sword in Excalibur.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

(This post was edited by Woodyend on Jun 19 2008, 9:59pm)

Finduilas101
Rivendell

Jun 20 2008, 11:05pm

Post #6 of 9 (814 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I say Aragorn! I mean, who else can instantly summon an army of dead guys to help him???

Saruman, Gandalf the Grey rides to Isenguard...NO LONGER SEEKING YOUR COUNCIL!!!

Deni
Rivendell

Jun 23 2008, 6:27pm

Post #7 of 9 (962 views)
Shortcut
i agree... [In reply to] Can't Post

i think aragorn...because he fight against five nazgűls-alone..!!Evil
DENI

Gondorian_Ranger
Rivendell

Jul 15 2008, 6:59am

Post #8 of 9 (3561 views)
Shortcut
Elessar 'Elfstone' [In reply to] Can't Post

The trouble with that, Deni, is that King Arthur isn't likely to be running around in a cloth robe that Aragorn can light a bonfire on. Nonetheless, I'm going to agree with you; of course Aragorn would win, he has many more years of experience under his belt than King Arthur.

"The city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed, FOR GONDOR!"

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 5:39pm

Post #9 of 9 (299 views)
Shortcut
arthur [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.