Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Just a thank you.

Domani

Jun 18 2008, 12:55am

Post #1 of 22 (352 views)
Shortcut
Just a thank you. Can't Post

Thank you to Mister Tolkien, for you shall never read these words yet I cannot ever thank you enough for all the joy and wonder you have given me ever since I read 'The Hobbit' at 10 years old.

Thank you Mister Jackson for putting to screen what i thought was impossible, and making as beautiful and wonderful as my dreams had hoped.

And thank you to every single one of you who love these books and moves as much as I do. For bring to light the things which are so, so wonderful.

Thank you...

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jun 18 2008, 12:59am

Post #2 of 22 (276 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Always glad to see someone who appreciates Prof. Tolkien and Peter Jackson as much as I do.

Movie Technical Discussion -- Index

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 18 2008, 1:44am

Post #3 of 22 (254 views)
Shortcut
Charming! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a sweet way to enter into our discussions!

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

Domani

Jun 18 2008, 1:51am

Post #4 of 22 (261 views)
Shortcut
heh [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the kind words. I was hping it would not sound like a bit of a *suck up* so to speak, just something I wanted to get off my chest since I had no other way to express it.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jun 18 2008, 2:06am

Post #5 of 22 (256 views)
Shortcut
Doesn't sound like a "suck up" [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds lovely, and perfectly expresses what peoples feelings around here are too (don't know if that came out right or not *doh*)

Anyway

Welcome to TORn, it's lovely having you here

BTW with your nick, have you read the Wheel of Time series?

Cheers Kelvarhin

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay
Kelvarhin's Universe
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play (with thanks to grammaboodawg :) )

merklynn
Lorien

Jun 18 2008, 2:26am

Post #6 of 22 (248 views)
Shortcut

It really is good to stop and think every now and then about just how lucky we are that Tolkien took the time to do something so unconventional in crafting his own world and universe, which we were all fortunate enough to be allowed in to. It remains unparalleled to this day.

Welcome Domani. Grab yourself some elf wine and pull up a chair. Smile

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Most importantly, do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in the Times Online." - Buddha muses over coverage of the Tolkien lawsuit

Patty
Immortal

Jun 18 2008, 3:19am

Post #7 of 22 (241 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn, Domani... [In reply to] Can't Post

many of us here wish there were some way to personally thank Mr. Tolkien for the joy his writings have brought to us, so you're right at home. Pull up a chair and stay with us.

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

Domani

Jun 18 2008, 5:12am

Post #8 of 22 (280 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually yes I have read WOT and love it and the name is there as well so good catch, but Domani is also Italian for 'tommorow' and I just love the way it sounds. I always try and look towards tommorow when things get tough.

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jun 18 2008, 5:45am

Post #9 of 22 (346 views)
Shortcut

What was a wonderful way to start posting here - you've caught what probably most here feel.

I'm sure you'll have fun here amoung so many fellow enthusiasts! Smile

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

mwirkk
Rohan

Jun 18 2008, 8:49am

Post #10 of 22 (223 views)
Shortcut
Well come, Domani! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Do not worry -- express what you think and feel.

You'll run across a wide range of opinions here. Some will agree and some may not. But my observation has been that almost everyone here has a real passion for Tolkien. So I think you should fit in well. :)

(And the admins on this site are top notch, too, you will find.)

The Black Knight Always Triumphs!!

-mwirkk :)

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

Jun 18 2008, 8:53am

Post #11 of 22 (223 views)
Shortcut
Don't mention it. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eglario Valar!
It's me!
It's me!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 18 2008, 10:45am

Post #12 of 22 (220 views)
Shortcut
Hi there! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't quite say, that Tolkien may never read your words; there are some of us who do think the spirit of the dear Professor yet lingers, keeping an eye on his "Legendarium", and who knows, he might even be able to enjoy some online goings-on...

What has boggled my mind is that super-busy people like Jackson, and del Toro as well, do pay attention to what is discussed at sites like TORn, and I nearly fell off my chair (in both surprise and delight) when I saw del Toro's first post!

Anyhow, greetings to a fellow Tolkien geek; jump right in, there's plenty to do here, and welcome to TORn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 18 2008, 11:50am

Post #13 of 22 (222 views)
Shortcut
and thank YOU [In reply to] Can't Post

for making the start of my day begin with a smile :) This is wonderful!

Welcome to TORn. I'm so glad you've found your way here in time to share in the excitement and speculations of the 2-film project for surrounding The Hobbit. It's going to be GREAT!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Zmulady
Rohan

Jun 18 2008, 4:03pm

Post #14 of 22 (213 views)
Shortcut
Hi Domani and welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

you are not alone in your thankfulness. Glad you you made it to TORn.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 18 2008, 4:05pm

Post #15 of 22 (212 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

and welcome.
Lovely words, really nicely spoken.
Have fun here, there is so much to read, so much information to get. It never gets boring!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jun 18 2008, 4:35pm

Post #16 of 22 (210 views)
Shortcut
I feel the same way [In reply to] Can't Post

My life has been immeasurably enriched by Tolkien, and by Jackson as well -- not least because they brought me to TORn. And to New Zealand last March!

Welcome, Domani, glad to have you here with us.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Jun 18 2008, 7:32pm

Post #17 of 22 (207 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORN! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad that you've decided to join us, Domani! And thank you for your kind words.

I am particularly thankful that Tolkien survived the First World War with his mind and body intact. He could so easily have been killed or maimed (physically and psychologically) like millions of other young men of his generation. And we'd have never known what we missed.

We're discussing the BBC Lord of the Rings Radio Play on the Movie Discussion - LOTR board.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(This post was edited by Idril Celebrindal on Jun 18 2008, 7:33pm)

Finduilas101
Rivendell

Jun 18 2008, 9:47pm

Post #18 of 22 (196 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

A great way to enter the forums! I welcome you with open arms...in a virtual kind-of-way! Lol.

"I like cooking, but I like other people cooking more." -David Wenham

"I think being different, going against the grain of society, is the greatest thing in the world." -Elijah Wood.

Anorien
Rohan

Jun 19 2008, 12:14am

Post #19 of 22 (199 views)
Shortcut
Thoughtgul [In reply to] Can't Post

A lot of people don't really acknowledge all that went into these stories. A thank you is definitely welcomed to those who put in so much time and effort. I love the books and movies greatly, it's nice to know someone cares.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jun 19 2008, 2:35am

Post #20 of 22 (189 views)
Shortcut
Well either way it's a lovely nick ;-)// [In reply to] Can't Post

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay
Kelvarhin's Universe
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play (with thanks to grammaboodawg :) )

Jettorex
Lorien

Jun 19 2008, 6:24pm

Post #21 of 22 (180 views)
Shortcut
Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes -tis nice. I like the Spanish manyana for tomorrow also. Very beautiful word.

Anyway-Welcome. I am relatively new also. This is a great site and the people on it are wonderful.

Love, Truth, Honor, Adventure

deej
Tol Eressea

Jun 20 2008, 1:26pm

Post #22 of 22 (167 views)
Shortcut

Glad that you found your way to Tolkien's work, and PJ's films, and this wonderful site. :)

"...and back again."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.