Black Rider
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Jul 16 2008, 3:49am

Post #26 of 35 (1628 views)
Shortcut
Glad I could help.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of us went through that when the started up the new boards last February in 2007. You should have seen the chaos that first seek or two... LoL! it's hysterical to think of it now, but most grustrating while goign through it.

Note: when I used the word 'preferences',I meant "display settings" which can be found in your user profile.

Thanks again for the compliment.

DoN
Heart

**Tribute: Lt. J.G. Robert Sterling, WWII Pilot MIA, by Gramma & DoN**
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

bearwen
Lorien

Jul 18 2008, 6:52pm

Post #27 of 35 (1514 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really love your art work, it has captured the moment really well, keep the pictures coming, a Treat to view! Smile

I choose a mortal life!
I choosea mortal life

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Jul 19 2008, 6:05am

Post #28 of 35 (1518 views)
Shortcut
Thank You! [In reply to] Can't Post

I appreciate your comments.

DoN

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

bearagorn
Lorien

Jul 19 2008, 8:21pm

Post #29 of 35 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the shading and you have got the atmoshere just right. Looking forward to seeing more artwork by you! Smile

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Jul 20 2008, 1:50am

Post #30 of 35 (1512 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! / [In reply to] Can't Post

GlowWorm
Bree

Jul 23 2008, 4:27pm

Post #31 of 35 (1488 views)
Shortcut
Hey I know [In reply to] Can't Post

the real reason the Black Rider's horse has no ears.

All that screaming he does would hurt the horse if it had ears Tongue

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Jul 24 2008, 2:33am

Post #32 of 35 (1527 views)
Shortcut
Clever! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wish I thought of that!
Laugh

DoN

Blu Falcon
Bree

Aug 7 2008, 3:19am

Post #33 of 35 (1478 views)
Shortcut
Nice, nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Black Rider

Wow. I'd buy that print and hang it on my wall. Can I?

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." - Cormac McCarthy

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Aug 7 2008, 4:25am

Post #34 of 35 (1471 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I don't sell my drawings based on screen shots from the films. That would be a Copyright violation. I started doing my LotR drawings back in 2004... my Tolkien group was given the assignment to do something creative in honor of the King's Coronation. I knew how to draw, so I drew Aragorn. I can only draw from live models or photographs. Since live models are out of the question, I use photos. Screen shots are the most accessible, and a good source for drawings for my purposes.

Not long afterward, we started having regular birthday parties for our members (in seasonally divided groups). Most of us give Tolkien related gifts (or Harry Potter gifts), some of us make things. I started using prints of my drawings for gifts. So, 4 times a year for the last 4 years, I have been making drawings (and book covers also) for gifts. I think that is probably shady legally, though not very illegal, but I think that there is such a proliferation of fan art out there based on the films, that I don't think much can done or will be don about gifting fan art. But selling is quite a different matter.

I mostly doing character portraits and call what I do portrait drawings. That I can do from photographs and not screen shots.

My book covers on the other hand are totally original art. Those I do on commission. Each one is unique and custom designed to match the book and/or the person. I use themes from the books, or colors from the book covers, or the person's personality or favorite colors… or a combination of these.

The other point would be, that TORn is an inappropriate place to discuss buying or selling. It is a venue for sharing.

Thanks again

DoN
Heart

** Posting Flat Mode vs. Threaded Mode ** (New Posters, please read)

Blu Falcon
Bree

Aug 7 2008, 4:34am

Post #35 of 35 (1825 views)
Shortcut
Right. [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you drawn the Morgul Lord on his Fell Beast?

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." - Cormac McCarthy

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.