Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Let the Dragon Fest begin!

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Jun 14 2008, 4:04am

Views: 572
Shortcut
Let the Dragon Fest begin! Can't Post

With the announcement of The Hobbit, Hollywood is bound to start a new wave of dragon movies, as has been suggested before, by gramma, I believe. Well, Universal has taken the first step towards this, acquiring the movie rights to the Dragonology series.

The faux nonfiction books by Dugald A. Steer are based on the conceit that dragons actually exist as revealed by the Victorian dragonologist Ernest Drake. An underlying theme is that dragons should be studied and revered in the same way as any rare species.

The movie reportedly "revolves around a group of dragonologists who go on a globetrotting quest to keep a corrupt man from taking control of the world's dragons and using them to wipe out humanity."

I haven't read the actual stories derived from the series, but the Complete Book of Dragons is a brilliant work, beautifully illustrated and nicely researched.

I don't know how the movie will turn out, but I like the book series. We'll have to wait and see.

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Subject User Time
Let the Dragon Fest begin! Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Jun 14 2008, 4:04am
    The dragon fest may begin ArathornJax Send a private message to ArathornJax Jun 14 2008, 4:24am
        I'm even worse than you... Huan71 Send a private message to Huan71 Jun 14 2008, 6:55am
            LOL Artanis Send a private message to Artanis Jun 14 2008, 7:42pm
                About the fest... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Jun 14 2008, 8:53pm
                    Dragon Heart.. Huan71 Send a private message to Huan71 Jun 14 2008, 9:12pm
                        Own Dragonheart 1 and 2 ArathornJax Send a private message to ArathornJax Jun 15 2008, 12:27am
                            Thanks Artanis Send a private message to Artanis Jun 15 2008, 7:30pm
    And don't forget the Temeraire trilogy kareniel Send a private message to kareniel Jun 14 2008, 10:59am
    Dove Isabeau Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 15 2008, 1:51am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.