Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
The Hobbit game (old version)

Artanis
Rohan

Jun 12 2008, 8:34pm

Post #1 of 13 (622 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit game (old version) Can't Post

Just wanting some thoughts on this game. Good things, bad things, is it suitable for a 9 year old who has read The Hobbit?

Artanis

Reading: Unfinished Tales, The Princess and Curdie, Sense and Sensibility.

Listening: LOTR Trilogy Soundrack, Downhere-Wide Eyed and Mystified, Steven Curtis Chapman-This Moment.

Random Delights: tea, Peanut Butter Kitkat, toast and strawberry jam. TORN

vtboyarc
Lorien

Jun 13 2008, 3:36am

Post #2 of 13 (493 views)
Shortcut
have the game [In reply to] Can't Post

I have this game, and have played it a few times. If you like video games, and read The Hobbit, then by all means, get this game, you will like it. It can be somewhat challenging at different parts, but manageable with the help of walkthroughs.
and its rated E. so yeah, you can safely play it. Not like you haven't played any teen rated games, like I'm sure every 9 year old has, right? lol

Theres some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and its worth fighting for.

Artanis
Rohan

Jun 13 2008, 6:38am

Post #3 of 13 (478 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

..thanks for the tips. The game would be for my son (though he would be fighting me for a go on it!Sly) He loves Star Wars, but is scared of the Rancor (don't know how to spell that) in games and films, so I was wondering how scarey it might be for him! Didn't know it was actually rated E, thanks Cool

Artanis

Listening: LOTR Trilogy Soundrack, Downhere-Wide Eyed and Mystified, Steven Curtis Chapman-This Moment.

Random Delights: tea, Peanut Butter Kitkat, Salad sandwich with lashings of salad creme! TORn

bearagorn
Lorien

Jun 13 2008, 8:55am

Post #4 of 13 (481 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit game [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a 10 year old nephew who loves this, he hasn't read the book but has seen the lotr films. He really enjoys playing the hobbit on PS2. My eldest son joins him sometimes and loves it, he's only 7. However, I could't get pass the first level! lol!!

Artanis
Rohan

Jun 13 2008, 9:47am

Post #5 of 13 (483 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

...thanks, sounds like it might be just the thing for my son. You know what it's like, once you get the "Hobbit" bug you need to feed it Cool!

I'm not too good at gaming, but anything Tolkien related draws me like a moth to a flame! Wink

Artanis

Random Delights: tea, Peanut Butter Kitkat, Salad sandwich with lashings of salad creme! TORn

vtboyarc
Lorien

Jun 17 2008, 3:34am

Post #6 of 13 (449 views)
Shortcut
haha [In reply to] Can't Post

oh sorry I didn't realize your age.
but yeah, he could totally play it and handle it fine, with some help from online guides/walkthroughs, or of course, from his Tolkien fan mom!

Theres some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and its worth fighting for.

Artanis
Rohan

Jun 18 2008, 11:40am

Post #7 of 13 (544 views)
Shortcut
No problems [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL...it's okay.Smile

Artanis

Reading: Unfinished Tales -Tolkien, The Princess and Curdie - G. Macdonald, Father Brown Selected Stories - G.K. Chesterton

Listening: LOTR Trilogy Soundrack, The Silmarillion Crowded House - Wood Face.

Random Delights: tea, sleep and TORn

bearagorn
Lorien

Jun 23 2008, 2:59pm

Post #8 of 13 (533 views)
Shortcut
How's it going? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, wondered if your son was enjoying the game? I feel a bit responsible and hope he likes it! Smile

(This post was edited by bearagorn on Jun 23 2008, 3:02pm)

Artanis
Rohan

Jun 24 2008, 9:57am

Post #9 of 13 (431 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

thankyou for asking Smile

We haven't got it yet though....as I found out my dad has actually got it and plays it on his PS2 (he is 61 Cool). So, next time we are over his way I'm going to ask him to let my son have a go.

Thanks for asking.Smile

Artanis

Reading: Unfinished Tales -Tolkien, The Princess and Curdie - G. Macdonald, Father Brown Selected Stories - G.K. Chesterton

Listening: LOTR Trilogy Soundrack, The Silmarillion Crowded House - Wood Face.

Random Delights: tea, sleep and TORn

mwirkk
Rohan

Jun 27 2008, 7:37am

Post #10 of 13 (434 views)
Shortcut
To what, or which, are we referring?... [In reply to] Can't Post

The original Hobbit electronic game?

Since you mention (s)he can read, it should be alright.

The Black Knight Always Triumphs!!

-mwirkk :)

(This post was edited by mwirkk on Jun 27 2008, 7:39am)

Artanis
Rohan

Jun 27 2008, 9:24pm

Post #11 of 13 (426 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

it isn't that particulary one (though it amazes me how Bilbo's front door is so recogniseable) thankyou for posting the pictures - fascinating.

I think the Hobbit game we have seen is from 2001 - released on the Xbox, ps2, and gamecube etc.

Artanis

Reading: Unfinished Tales -Tolkien, The letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, Father Brown Selected Stories - G.K. Chesterton

Listening: LOTR Trilogy Soundrack, The Silmarillion

Random Delights: Tea, bourbon biscuits and TORn

SteveS

Jul 6 2008, 4:01pm

Post #12 of 13 (436 views)
Shortcut
The original hobbit game... [In reply to] Can't Post

I used to love that old hobbit game on my faithful 48K Spectrum! I must have wasted hours trying to get out of that damned dungeon in the Misty Mountains!

Discover the secrets of the map...download the ebook version of epic fantasy adventure 'The Map of the Known World' for free by visiting http://www.lulu.com/content/294457

Sharky
Bree

Sep 12 2008, 9:39pm

Post #13 of 13 (578 views)
Shortcut
Never played it.... [In reply to] Can't Post

....but I thought this was funny:

http://hungrypixies.blogspot.com/...-games-in-1980s.html

(This post was edited by Sharky on Sep 12 2008, 9:41pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.