The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Trilogy fan teaser

irodino
Bree

Jun 10 2008, 11:06pm

Post #1 of 10 (547 views)
Shortcut
Trilogy fan teaser Can't Post

My fan teaser for the trilogy... finished today, and thought who is better to judge if its any good, if not the fans at theonering.net! I'll be buurned alive haha :P I'm not sure where to post this, here or in the fan art.. has anyone else made such fan trailers? I'd love to watch them :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjbUuTj8RGo

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that terrible in-between."

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jun 10 2008, 11:24pm

Post #2 of 10 (411 views)
Shortcut
That was good! [In reply to] Can't Post

All I can say is work on the blending of the music, and add some titles. All in all, great work! Smile

By the way, what is the name of the song you used for the ROTK portion of the trailer?

"WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN"

Did you ever wish certain moments from LOTR could've made it to the screen? Have you ever imagined what would have happened if all of the original writings from the script actually made it to the films? Well, "What Could Have Been" is the right discussion for you! Starting this summer will be a series of topics about what could have been in "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy". Be on the lookout, and be sure to join in on the fun!

Elenedhel
Rivendell

Jun 11 2008, 12:08am

Post #3 of 10 (457 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!! Great job! [In reply to] Can't Post

"O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!
We still remember, we who dwell
In this far land beneath the trees,
Thy starlight on the Western Seas."

"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men,and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he was from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace..."

"Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder."

Nimloth
Lorien

Jun 11 2008, 4:43am

Post #4 of 10 (391 views)
Shortcut
Good Job [In reply to] Can't Post

irodino Smile. Watching after seeing the trilogy is great, but if I had watched it before I would know too much Wink. Perhaps I have misinterpreted your word 'teaser' Crazy

irodino
Bree

Jun 11 2008, 1:23pm

Post #5 of 10 (376 views)
Shortcut
I will work on it :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the comment on the music and titles, I am not satisfied with this version and see it as a first rough cut, and will try to make it much much better, longer, more emotional, with titles, perhaps critic quotes, etc :) The used music clips are as follows:

1. Here Comes The King
2. Dethroned
3. Dark Empire remix (used in POTC: At World's End trailer)

All by X-Ray Dog :)

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that terrible in-between."

irodino
Bree

Jun 11 2008, 1:26pm

Post #6 of 10 (427 views)
Shortcut
Yeah lol [In reply to] Can't Post

I went too far with spoilers, I agree :) Its more a.. tribute video clip than a real teaser I guess. The next version will be less revealing and more teasing! :D

Thanks all for watching and commenting :)

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jun 11 2008, 11:26pm

Post #7 of 10 (495 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! Oh, one more thing . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're aiming to make it a trailer, try not to show what happens in the ending (i.e. the destruction of Barad-dur).

Thanks for the name of the song! Great job once again! Cool

"WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN"

Did you ever wish certain moments from LOTR could've made it to the screen? Have you ever imagined what would have happened if all of the original writings from the script actually made it to the films? Well, "What Could Have Been" is the right discussion for you! Starting this summer will be a series of topics about what could have been in "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy". Be on the lookout, and be sure to join in on the fun!

bearwen
Lorien

Jun 19 2008, 7:44pm

Post #8 of 10 (300 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, definately a tribute or mini-summary, as it would be a give away as a trailer, but brilliantly done and some great clips included. You edited it very well and the music worked with the pace, fab! Smile

Finduilas101
Rivendell

Jun 20 2008, 7:29pm

Post #9 of 10 (345 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was EPIC. VERY epic.

My life at the moment is a bit like my wardrobe: Organized chaos." -David Wenham.

"I think being different, going against the grain of society, is the greatest thing in the world." -Elijah Wood.
"Well you always pick a 6 foot 1 guy to play a dwarf because you want a big dwarf." -John Rys-Davies
"Hello. I'm Craig Parker. I play Haldir and I'm ..." - makes exaggerated cutting motion to his throat with hand - "... in the next movie." Wonderful.

Gondorian_Ranger
Rivendell

Jul 15 2008, 7:18am

Post #10 of 10 (295 views)
Shortcut
Good Job [In reply to] Can't Post

I liked it, although it felt quite rushed towards the end, not a lot of the return of the king made it in.Smile

"The city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed, FOR GONDOR!"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.