Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Puts finishing touches on green deocrations* Welcome to Fiesta O'Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 1:03am

Post #201 of 231 (524 views)
Shortcut
Happy green AE! / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

The magnificent beech

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 17 2007, 1:04am

Post #202 of 231 (530 views)
Shortcut
Heh, yeah... [In reply to] Can't Post

I well remember those days! Things have to be kept out-of-reach twice as far away as you think they need to be, and watch the open doors!

I set aside one lower cabinet in my kitchen for the kids, put all the unbreakable plastic and pans in there, and let them pull everything out and bang on it with wooden spoons and chopsticks. Helped a lot when I was cooking!

Before you know it, he'll be past the "terrible twos" and into the "terrific threes"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Confusticate and bebother these dwarves!"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 17 2007, 1:05am

Post #203 of 231 (564 views)
Shortcut
There you are!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Aren't these the best of years!? :D I saw your story higher up on the thread. What an inspiring story! It's hard not to mourn the years lost... but thank Goodness everyone found their way back :) Cheers, m'dear! And thanks :)

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 17 2007, 1:08am

Post #204 of 231 (572 views)
Shortcut
A TORnsib is never late... [In reply to] Can't Post

...they arrive precisely when they're able to! Wink

Six inches! We got about 4, I think; it was alternating between snow and sleet all day. Very messy. Supposed to rain tomorrow, and wash it all away!

Check out gramma's posts - it's her birthday, and she's putting different pics in each one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Confusticate and bebother these dwarves!"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 17 2007, 1:08am

Post #205 of 231 (527 views)
Shortcut
*squeee* That was fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I heard somebody "cawling" me!! :D Thanks so much, sir... and Cheers!

Middle-earth shaped stones found on my walks.

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Alnilam
Rivendell

Mar 17 2007, 1:12am

Post #206 of 231 (530 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will have to remember that.

Of course, when I hear the song, I always think of Harry Connick Jr. in Memphis Belle.

Alnilam's Realm
From the Old TORN Boards: Top 5 Browsers/OSs:
1. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (1568)
2. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (890)
3. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (464)
4. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98 (175)
5. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (136)

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 1:13am

Post #207 of 231 (545 views)
Shortcut
Stick with it woman! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know what you got. Look 'em in the eye and read them the word. I'm smart, and i know how to get things done right. And what i don't know i'll pick up fast (frodo eye thing now in process).
You will get something good. I know it!

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

The magnificent beech

Alnilam
Rivendell

Mar 17 2007, 1:16am

Post #208 of 231 (548 views)
Shortcut
<-- Green smiley// *makes herself a rum-and-coke* [In reply to] Can't Post

I need that after the last couple of days. A lot of little things cropping up at work and I'm still trying to get used to daylight savings time.

I overslept 3 days this week. :-/

But tomorrow is Saturday, and there is no oversleeping on Saturday.

Alnilam's Realm
From the Old TORN Boards: Top 5 Browsers/OSs:
1. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (1568)
2. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (890)
3. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (464)
4. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98 (175)
5. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (136)

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 1:17am

Post #209 of 231 (540 views)
Shortcut
Happy trails 2morrow Eve! [In reply to] Can't Post

2morrow i am finally picking up my TT complete recordings through Borders with a 25% discount, Yippee!

The magnificent beech

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 1:22am

Post #210 of 231 (526 views)
Shortcut
You deserve a week off! [In reply to] Can't Post

We all in this country don't get enough time off. Enjoy! And happy squishy toes in the new rugSmile.

The magnificent beech

Drusilla Darling
Bree

Mar 17 2007, 1:30am

Post #211 of 231 (566 views)
Shortcut
Spring Break! [In reply to] Can't Post

W00T! Of course, I'm getting over a cold, BUT it wasn't a bad cold and was short lived, and no classes till March 27th! I'd say that's something to celebrate!

*fixes herself a warm mug o' hot chocolate*

Cheers! Happy weekend all!

~Dru~

The user formerly known as Ayaediran

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore

For an awful death due to cute overload: cute overload dot com

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 1:32am

Post #212 of 231 (542 views)
Shortcut
How-de do! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's not too Irish is it? Better hole up tonight, it is nasty around about. Ice city! I'm holed up still so no never mind to me. Mrs sil worked from home today which was a very good thing. Walking the dog will be an interesting outing. Just say MUSH! Laugh

The magnificent beech

Drusilla Darling
Bree

Mar 17 2007, 1:33am

Post #213 of 231 (519 views)
Shortcut
*hugs* Many happy returns!!! / [In reply to] Can't Post

~Dru~

The user formerly known as Ayaediran

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore

For an awful death due to cute overload: cute overload dot com

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 1:55am

Post #214 of 231 (526 views)
Shortcut
Happy day from our family to yours! [In reply to] Can't Post

The fire tonight will be fine. Mr. L will be happy to curl up by it tonight after that ride.
Hey, a, could ya pass some of that caramel razmataz here yonder?Smile.
Little sil was having a ball in the white stuff. Building muscle with the snowshovel. The snow thrower is still in the shop and i have a flu type bug with no fever. BlaaUnimpressed. Leastways i am home with my gangSmile.

The magnificent beech

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 2:07am

Post #215 of 231 (526 views)
Shortcut
Happy day to you all from all of us! [In reply to] Can't Post

A fire in the hearth will be a fine to thing tonight. Mr L will be glad to cozy up to it after that ride.
Hey, a . could you pass over yonder some of that carmel rasmataz *mouth watering commencing*.
Little sil was out having a ball in the white stuff. He is getting a muscle development deployment with the snow shovel. The snowthrower is still in the shop and i am up with a terrible nasty bugUnimpressed. Leastways i am home with my gangSmile.

The magnificent beech

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 2:10am

Post #216 of 231 (548 views)
Shortcut
It's looking better every day up there huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good day to you two from our houseSmile.

The magnificent beech

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 2:12am

Post #217 of 231 (527 views)
Shortcut
Cheers on the new job! [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

The magnificent beech

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 2:17am

Post #218 of 231 (523 views)
Shortcut
I thought i lost the 1st one. Well there's 2 for ya [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe i will get twice the caramel delightSly.

The magnificent beech

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 2:21am

Post #219 of 231 (509 views)
Shortcut
Hey, now it is time to get out and about. Have fun!:)// [In reply to] Can't Post

The magnificent beech

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 17 2007, 2:25am

Post #220 of 231 (545 views)
Shortcut
Cheers to you three:). [In reply to] Can't Post

The magnificent beech

linkin-artelf
Lorien

Mar 17 2007, 2:59am

Post #221 of 231 (705 views)
Shortcut
I did get out today [In reply to] Can't Post

but only to drive my daughter around.Crazy
We did take a short walk along a beach trail , though, very nice balmy spring weather but loads of muck underfoot.
Glad you made it home safe with the slippery roads. I dread icy roads in winter ever since I crashed my car into a tree. No injuries, just nerve wracking, and the tree saved me from plunging down a hill.
Have a great weekend, silneldor Smile

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I walk along the shore and I gaze
At the light that radiates down
Will it travel forth to you
Far across this shimmering sea?"
formerly linkinparkelf

Ugly Troll
Rivendell

Mar 17 2007, 3:39am

Post #222 of 231 (532 views)
Shortcut
Congrats on the latest bud on the family tree [In reply to] Can't Post

May he always have the wind at his back

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Mar 17 2007, 5:31am

Post #223 of 231 (522 views)
Shortcut
Happy Happy Birthday, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

And many more!

Where's Frodo?

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Mar 17 2007, 5:36am

Post #224 of 231 (534 views)
Shortcut
Well, it's really St. Patrick's Day now [In reply to] Can't Post

Later today (after I go to bed and then wake up) the whole family will go to the big (family-oriented) St. Paddy's day party here in town. My oldest daughter will be dancing with her Irish Dance class. Should be fun. Happy Friday...I mean Saturday!

Where's Frodo?

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Mar 17 2007, 7:29am

Post #225 of 231 (522 views)
Shortcut
best of years indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank your for you words, few people want to recognose the painful side, I appreciate the acknowlegment because tit is so true . . . and it is simultaeously true that our reunion is a joy and blessing. A big part of my lost self has been found and rejoined to my heart. The first two years I floated around telling everyone the story ...clerk, waitresses, pasing aquaitences, whoever. Most people ate it up...some people it passed right over their heads not realizing what I was talking about. Oh well. Joy is in my heart no matter what.

Have the greatest birthday ever.
Aloha
DoN

Art Gallery Revised, ORC pic of Hawaii friends, my drawings,
Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.