Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Kicks in Doors* It's FIESTA TIME Y'all!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 5:43pm

Post #126 of 243 (2957 views)
Shortcut
I'm graduating in a week! [In reply to] Can't Post

Today is a bittersweet day; this day and Monday are my last days of classes in high school. I'll miss it... a little. Not really :P I'll miss some of my friends, though. Some I'll likely never see again after graduation, which is a bit scary, and relieving. Some I really do not want to see again.

A student is also dead... again. The second one in less than 2 months. Rumour is that it was an intentional death, though I don't know myself. All I know is is that I am really grieving for his family and friends. Life is simply not fair.

This weekend is a three-way 18th birthday party, and my last weekend as a high schooler. My goodness... I can't wait.

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 5:45pm

Post #127 of 243 (2949 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Early June must be a popular time for birthdays. My son is June 4.

Elven
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 5:45pm

Post #128 of 243 (2954 views)
Shortcut
That was beautiful ... [In reply to] Can't Post

*raises glass to your father*

The grief will ebb and flow, but the wonderful memories wash in and will eventually take this grief away - when you are ready, and no other time.

Im really sorry at the attitude your work has about this - this is very unsupportive.

Your tribute to your father is beautiful - thankyou!

Heart Elven x

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2008, 5:46pm

Post #129 of 243 (2950 views)
Shortcut
{{hugs}} [In reply to] Can't Post

"Getting over"? Over what - over a lifetime of love, over a part of one's life and a piece of one's heart?

Those we love remain with us: we remember them whenever we do certain things, or say certain words, or see or hear or smell or taste or feel something that we know they were fond of.

There is no "getting over". So here's to your Dad, and to my Mom also, our treasures, may they always be with us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2008, 5:47pm

Post #130 of 243 (2953 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a lot of fun! Many Happy Returns, DoN! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

Elven
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 5:50pm

Post #131 of 243 (2947 views)
Shortcut
Many Happy Returns for the Day DoN!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Its sounds as if it has already begun and its magical indeed!

Have a wonderful Day and a brilliant year ahead!!

Cheers Elven x

Rivendweller
Lorien

Post #132 of 243 (2946 views)
Shortcut
Wow! What an amazing woman [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I was not at work so I could tell you more about how amazing I think your grandmother is. She is a powerful energy here and no doubt will continue to remain that way.

If you can, please PM me with some more of your fabulous tories about her ! I will light a candle for you both in the meantime.

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Post #133 of 243 (2943 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a bittersweet time. Enjoy every minute of it.

You don't have to give up friends. My sister graduated in 1961 and still sees friends from high school! Since I moved 2500 miles away, I don't see anyone and haven't since I moved. Someone I graduated with does live just down the street from my sister, though.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2008, 5:53pm

Post #134 of 243 (2952 views)
Shortcut
Only too happy to [In reply to] Can't Post

"blame" her, as you do write so well! Smile

What a remarkable lady - are you certain that she is not one of the daughters of the Old Took? Wink The world would be better with more folks like her!

When you do see her again, do let her know how much WE all appreciate her, as well! Heart

Elven
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 5:54pm

Post #135 of 243 (2944 views)
Shortcut
Many Happy Returns for the Day deej! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you (both) have a great Birthday filled with wonderful surprises and lots of prezzies!! Smile Smile
*raises galss* To Your Double Birthday Celebrations!*

Cheers Elven x

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2008, 5:55pm

Post #136 of 243 (2950 views)
Shortcut
Wow - double the "Many Happy Returns" for you both! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2008, 5:56pm

Post #137 of 243 (2939 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mmm, thanks, {{gramma}!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2008, 6:00pm

Post #138 of 243 (2949 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

And you, too, Ginger!

I've been at this K-8 school since February, and it's been lots of fun. The kids all have a great rapport with one another, and they're so helpful - either that, or maybe they're looking for an excuse to not attend class Laugh!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 6:00pm

Post #139 of 243 (2960 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Weaver!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 6:01pm

Post #140 of 243 (2941 views)
Shortcut
Oh no! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am terribly sorry to hear that! What a shock for both of you!

Good luck for finding another job (and soon!) - I'll keep my fingers crossed!

**hugs - to both of you!**

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Rivendweller
Lorien

Jun 6 2008, 6:03pm

Post #141 of 243 (2956 views)
Shortcut
Thank-you ! To you and to everyone... [In reply to] Can't Post

My Dad absolutely loved wine, weaver ! We are Italian, both sides.

So here is to my Dad; your Mom, Dernwyn; gramma's Dad and weaver's Dad and to anyone else who is dear to us and has passed to The Blessed Realm.

I'm off to pick up my daughter from her last day at school, little miss junior has now become a high school senior ! My Dad is watching I am sure.

Thank you all for helping to soothe the sting of the cold-hearted corp. world. I had thought not offering beareavement pay was bad enough but they outdid themselves....

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 6:22pm

Post #142 of 243 (2959 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass* [In reply to] Can't Post

To your Dad!
And don't listen to these people. Do they know at all what true feelings for someone are?? To say you should be over the loss of someone you loved so dearly after a few weeks seems rather unfeeling to me. Take your time to grieve, to treasure your memories of your time together!

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 6:27pm

Post #143 of 243 (2942 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck for the next year and have a great day today!

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 6:41pm

Post #144 of 243 (2961 views)
Shortcut
Your Grandma is an amazing woman! [In reply to] Can't Post

She took very good care for you. I am so glad she lived long enough to know how much her effort to educate you paid off; it must have been a joy for her to watch. And I am sure you made it clear how much you love her - I think that is the most important for her, and to know that you're there for her as much as possible now.

My best wishes for both of you; I hope the surgery goes well! **hugs**

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 6:51pm

Post #145 of 243 (2943 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday, and many happy returns! // [In reply to] Can't Post

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 6 2008, 7:00pm

Post #146 of 243 (2951 views)
Shortcut
Ah, then the best of the old vineyards all around... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to 'the halls of our fathers', and to your Dad who has just joined that mighty company...

**Opens bottle, pulls up seat by fireside for Rivendweller, so she can warm up from the cold...**

Weaver

Elven
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 7:02pm

Post #147 of 243 (2939 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds as if it is time to move forward now and not look back too much, if only to see how far you've come.
My congratulations to you on your graduation. I hope you have a great few days, a few tears, a few laughs, and lots of hope and expectations ahead!

Enjoys your parties!!

Cheers Elven x

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 7:03pm

Post #148 of 243 (2956 views)
Shortcut
Self-employment [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the nice things about self-employment is that he might well stay home with you all or part of the time. I remember when my husband was a freelance journalist, he loved it! I remember laughing with him about what a cool job this was after he had just finished interviewing an astronaut over the phone, while sitting comfortably at home in his underwear.

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 7:06pm

Post #149 of 243 (2936 views)
Shortcut
What a rollercoaster! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a rollercoaster ride your life has taken, up, down, and sideways! May it reach a place of peace of beauty when it all finally levels out.

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

Patty
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 7:08pm

Post #150 of 243 (2943 views)
Shortcut
*rushes in, reaches behind the bar for her K&C*.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi all!

will be out of town till Sunday--when I will come back home to celebrate my 50 something birthday!

Have a great weekend all!

*rushes out*

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.