Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Kicks in Doors* It's FIESTA TIME Y'all!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:00pm

Post #1 of 243 (3849 views)
Shortcut
*Kicks in Doors* It's FIESTA TIME Y'all!! Can't Post

Once again it's my privilege to quench your thirst and lend an ear. I want to welcome and toast all of our Newbies who have wisely found their way to TORn and now to FIESTA FRIDAY where we tell tales and drink our favs!!!

*cranks up jukebox* How 'bout some Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl to get a retro summer rockin'?

What can I do you for?

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

diedye
Grey Havens

Jun 6 2008, 4:04pm

Post #2 of 243 (3477 views)
Shortcut
*slinking in*... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe.... we lovesss ssslinkin' in when the boss isn't lookin'! Evil

I'll have something cool and a fan for this afternoon's humidity! *whew!*

HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END, EVERYONE!

*looks over shoulder*

Uh-oh.. she's back...

*runs*

Join the "Save " Campaign

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:06pm

Post #3 of 243 (3465 views)
Shortcut
*whispers* hey! You forgot your drink! [In reply to] Can't Post

So you'll hafta share ;)

Have a great weekend, diedye!

sample

sample sample

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 6 2008, 4:07pm

Post #4 of 243 (3468 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank goodness we finally reached Friday! This week has draaagged on endlessly. And to top it off we had some pretty bad storms roll through last night. Fortunately we were spared the worst of it. And it looks like the weather will be clear for us to hit the lake this weekend!

I'll just have some coffee today, barkeep. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
Screencap of the Day Schedule for June

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:09pm

Post #5 of 243 (3454 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad you came through unscathed! [In reply to] Can't Post

A cup of coffee it is :) Have a very SAFE and storm-free weekend :D

sample

sample sample

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:09pm

Post #6 of 243 (3462 views)
Shortcut
Hey there, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

My Spring/Summer Usual, please (7-Up with Miruvor); thanks!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:14pm

Post #7 of 243 (3473 views)
Shortcut
Gramma! Feet off the bar! [In reply to] Can't Post

At least until we've had enough 'refreshment' to join ya!

It's cold and rainy here today, maybe some hot chocolate would go down well and *whispers* spike it a little, will you, so I can get through this very busy morning?

Here's to the newbies, here's to the vets of D-Day, and here's to the weekend!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:17pm

Post #8 of 243 (3509 views)
Shortcut
Well, I am in need of something bracing today! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our world came to pieces on Monday. OhioHobbit was downsized. His company is closing one plant and laid off close to 20 from his plant. It is associated with the housing industry (enough said).

So, we sit here being LATE middle-aged and wondering what lies in store for us. Too old to be marketable and too young for Social Security!

He has to start looking for a job again after 20 years. June 18 would have been his 20th anniversary!

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2008, 4:18pm

Post #9 of 243 (3459 views)
Shortcut
Could I have bucket with ice-cubes, please? [In reply to] Can't Post

And then if someone could turn down the temprature? I'm waiting for the next cold-front while glaring angrily at everyone who says "But we can't really complain about it being too warm". Of course we can! I don't live here because I like it warm and sunny, then I would move further south. *grumble*

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:19pm

Post #10 of 243 (3451 views)
Shortcut
Glad you all got through safe! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you have a great weekend now, Arwen's daughter! :)

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:20pm

Post #11 of 243 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Eventides! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll let you add as much of the bubbly as you want to the Miruvor :) Have a wonderful weekend!!

sample

sample sample

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 6 2008, 4:20pm

Post #12 of 243 (3460 views)
Shortcut
Oh No!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best of luck to the both of you during this troubled time.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
Screencap of the Day Schedule for June

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:21pm

Post #13 of 243 (3453 views)
Shortcut
*looks over shoulder* Here ya go! [In reply to] Can't Post

I spiked it with marshmallows ;)

Have a Fabulous weekend!!

sample

sample sample

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:21pm

Post #14 of 243 (3454 views)
Shortcut
Oh no! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's an unfortunate consequence of that whole mess. I hope he can find something quickly, just to hold on until the upturn comes, which it must eventually.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:22pm

Post #15 of 243 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Oh no! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope OH finds a new job soon (and a very good one, at that), and that you both come through alright! I'll be praying for you both.

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Jun 6 2008, 4:27pm)

Rivendweller
Lorien

Jun 6 2008, 4:22pm

Post #16 of 243 (3489 views)
Shortcut
A glass of Bilbo's finest in honor of my Dad please... [In reply to] Can't Post

As you and a select few are aware, my wonderful dear sweet Dad passed just a few short weeks ago. I was hesitant about ' putting it out there ' ; as Legolas said " For me, the grief is still too near. "

However, I missed last Friday's toast from Altaira and you are the warmest, kindest people I have ever had the pleasure to associate with, however virtually. I've been told here at work that I should be " getting over it " by now , so in complete and utter defiance to them, I raise my glass and say:

" I love you Dad, thank you for your gift of love and humor. You were and still are a treasure to me . The ships have come and carried you home, but where my heart lies, there my treasure lies also. "

* borrowed and mixed shamelessly from Into the West and Deathly Hallows*

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:23pm

Post #17 of 243 (3443 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:23pm

Post #18 of 243 (3451 views)
Shortcut
Oh... no! Here... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't even imagine what you're going through! But I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason and that good will come of it if you hold onto hope and keep positive.

So here's in celebration of your new beginning. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Have faith! *warm hug*

sample

sample sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:25pm

Post #19 of 243 (3447 views)
Shortcut
Sure! [In reply to] Can't Post

This will cool you off! You hang in there, and don't wilt!

Cheers!

sample

sample sample

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Jun 6 2008, 4:26pm

Post #20 of 243 (3457 views)
Shortcut
Hau‘oli la Hanau to me. . . (singing) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hau‘oli la Hanau to me . . . Hau‘oli la Hanau to me . . . Hau‘oli la Hanau to me . . .

Today is my birthday!

A beautiful sunrise this morning, Tropical birds are singing, Flower trees are starting to boom (late this year)... It is a glorious, beautiful Hawaiian Day! Bless the powers that be... Gratitude... a fine feeling to feel when mixed with joy!

I wanted to get the drawing I am working on in time to post today for my Birthday Mathom thing... not not quite there yet. I have about a third of it left to do. I may not get finished for a couple of days. So, my Birthday Mathom thing will be lat this year.

But, I still have Fiesta . . . Party . . . Party! Yeah for Fiesta.

I have a full day fun, fun fun planned. Breakfast, a little time at the beach, home to change... go out to a fancy lunch with a friend... the across teh street to the movies. What time we finish lunch will determine which movie we see. On the list: Prince Caspian (2nd time), Sex and the City, Kung fu Panda, and Iron Man.

Prince Caspian: I have seen it, I want to see it again, but I am leaning toward wanting to see something else. But it's a good "Birthday" film to see. But its at one screen today, so if we get out of lunch late, we will see something else.

Iron Man: The one I want to see most, but my frined has not interest in it... So, Double feature... I may stick around to see 5:30 showing. (if not too tired that is!)

Sex and the City: this would be just fine . . . it sounds light & a lot of fun

Kung fu Panda: not keen on animated films, usually skip them. But the Reviews on "At the Movies" were fantastic. . . like this is the animated movie of the year to see. Still, low on the Birthday movie list.

So, That's my plan, I like to fill my birthday up with all my favorite things to do.

Have a great fantastical wonderous day and weekend.

Aloha to you all...
DoN

**Tribute: Lt. J.G. Robert Sterling, WWII Pilot MIA, by Gramma & DoN**
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Jun 6 2008, 4:30pm)

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jun 6 2008, 4:26pm

Post #21 of 243 (3455 views)
Shortcut
A wee dram, please, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Texas Scottish Festival starts tonight! Men in kilts! Music! Tartan! Flags! Friends!

And did I mention men in kilts?

This is the Gaffer's and my favorite weekend of the year. A shame it's so hot here, but it's Texas, and it's June -- what can you do? (Other than sweat, that is.)

Under the heading of "friends", I'm looking forward to visiting with Morrowdim. Last year she and I actually chatted for a moment, but without knowing each other's secret TORn identities. Small world, etc.

A wee dram of single malt, please, to evoke the peat smoke and sea spray of Scotland. And a bottle of ice-cold Gatorade to reflect the reality of a Texas summer.

Y'all have a great weekend!

*stuffs tip jar with blooming heather*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2008, 4:27pm

Post #22 of 243 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Rivendweller... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I'm sorry. But for your coworkers to say such a callous thing as "get over it" is the worst. :( You take however long you need to and just ignore those people!

*joins in toast and gives Rivendweller a hug*

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Ettelewen
Rohan

Post #23 of 243 (3447 views)
Shortcut
WooHoo - It's Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a looonnnggg week here. We're not overly busy at work, so the days are going by very slowly. Not that I'm complaining, mind!

Love that Van Morrison song, gramma. I'm *so* in the mood for summer! I'm a member of the central park association in our little town, and we're gearing up for our annual bash two weeks away. It's a lot of fun - we have a roping competition Friday night, a parade Saturday followed by a ranch rodeo, barbeque and dance, then gymkhana on Sunday. Since it's completely volunteer-staffed we're all totally exhausted by the end of the weekend. But everyone has a great time, especially the kids, so it's worth the effort.

I'll take an ice-cold 1420 in the spirit of the season, gramma - Cheers!

Cool

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Post #24 of 243 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Don't let anyone tell you [In reply to] Can't Post

how much or how long you should grieve. It's a very personal thing. Yes, the time will come when you don't think about him every day, but every day you do think of him you will still miss him. My father's been gone 20 years now, and I still miss him.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2008, 4:29pm

Post #25 of 243 (3444 views)
Shortcut
*tears* To your Father [In reply to] Can't Post

Your Dad... and to you.

My Dad's been gone since 1977, and I still miss him terribly. He'll be with you forever.

{{{Rivendweller}}}

sample

sample sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.