Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Aragorn versus Nikolai

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 4 2008, 3:08pm

Post #1 of 14 (3402 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn versus Nikolai Can't Post

As long as we're matching movie roles, why not Aragorn against Nikolai in "Eastern Promises"? And just to even the match up a bit, let's put it on Nikolai's turf--Setting: Steam bath, with slippery tiles. Equipment: Nothing. Nada. Naked warriors. Let the games begin!

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

Woodyend
Gondor

Jun 4 2008, 9:29pm

Post #2 of 14 (907 views)
Shortcut
My monies on Nikolai... [In reply to] Can't Post

After seeing the knife fight in the sauna, Nikolai made a believer out of me. He would have Aragorn tied up and professionally processed, flouting down the Anduin river in no time flat.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 5 2008, 2:47am

Post #3 of 14 (908 views)
Shortcut
Oh, that's right [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot. There was a knife. (How could I forget an essential detail like that, when there was, you know, blood and everything? Let's just say the whole scene was a mite distracting. Blush )

Okay, so they get one knife, lain on the ground equidistant from both of them.

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

Woodyend
Gondor

Jun 5 2008, 2:59am

Post #4 of 14 (943 views)
Shortcut
You know this is very hard one because.. [In reply to] Can't Post

neither Aragorn or Nikolai would start the fight.

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 5 2008, 1:27pm

Post #5 of 14 (860 views)
Shortcut
Understandable Misunderstanding [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn does not know that Nikolai is merely infiltrating a criminal organization, for a government unknown to him. He thinks Nikolai really does want to do horrible things to innocent Gondor farmgirls eager to start a new life in a distant land. That's motive enough for a fight between "kings".

Woodyend
Gondor

Jun 6 2008, 2:26am

Post #6 of 14 (944 views)
Shortcut
Well in that case..... [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess Id have to go with Aragorn, because he has the larger umm sword, and all poor Nikolai has is a very short knife.

~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 6 2008, 3:34pm

Post #7 of 14 (888 views)
Shortcut
One only [In reply to] Can't Post

One knife between them. That's the rules. Equidistant from both. As for anything else, aside from the fact that Nikolai is slightly heavier, notably cleaner, more decorated, beardless, and has shorter hair, they are identically equipped.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 9 2008, 6:56pm

Post #8 of 14 (854 views)
Shortcut
Invalid input [In reply to] Can't Post

Two wet slippery guys grappling naked in a steambath. This is really not a scenario I'd care to visualize.

Now if you want me to imagine Arwen and Eowyn in a similar situation, I'm so there!!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jun 9 2008, 6:57pm)

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

Jun 9 2008, 8:00pm

Post #9 of 14 (847 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad I can't make a picture. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen "Eastern Promises", but I don't care for the setting as described. I don't like the Arwen Eowyn thing either.

Eglario Valar!
It's me!
It's me!

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jun 9 2008, 8:06pm

Post #10 of 14 (812 views)
Shortcut
Distracting I'm sure! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd have to give the edge to Aragorn! Just!

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2008, 8:02am

Post #11 of 14 (993 views)
Shortcut
I just saw the movie today [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wincing throughout the whole fight, and, to be honest, my eyes were closed half the time. It was just... wow. Well done, but... well, just... you know... *cough*

I think the two would first be stunned by the fact that they both look so alike one another. XD

I'm going to say Aragorn. Just because I can't let go of my allegiance to him ;) But it would be a ridiculously close match. Maybe they'd just settle for a draw and have a cup of java together. Yea.

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Woodyend
Gondor

Jun 19 2008, 10:07pm

Post #12 of 14 (892 views)
Shortcut
Gosh I have been thinking on this for a long time and.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I still can't make up my mind. Aragorn has the raw power, but Nikolai has the dexterity.

~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Jun 20 2008, 4:28am

Post #13 of 14 (3508 views)
Shortcut
Dexterity [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I imagine that anybody raised by elves would be dextrous enough.

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 5:40pm

Post #14 of 14 (302 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.