Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Puts finishing touches on green deocrations* Welcome to Fiesta O'Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 16 2007, 4:04pm

Post #1 of 231 (1926 views)
Shortcut
*Puts finishing touches on green deocrations* Welcome to Fiesta O'Friday! Can't Post

Welcome to a special St. Paddy's day edition of Fiesta Friday!!

The elves have been working hard on green hors d'ouvres and making the beer that special color green for the festivities!

So, grab your favorite libation and toast to the luck of the Irish (which everyone has today - well, technically tomorrow).

Any St. Paddy's Day parades where you live? Denver has a HUGE one which BG and I will be going to, then settling into an Irish pub to listen to a friend's bagpipe band!

Happy Weekend all!!

*kicks juke box - various music by the Corrs spills into the room*

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Ettelewen
Rohan

Mar 16 2007, 4:09pm

Post #2 of 231 (1375 views)
Shortcut
Hey, I made it! [In reply to] Can't Post

But I can't stay, alas! On my way out to work...

I'll take one of them thar green beers, ma'am! They look... errr... good?

Happy Fiesta O'Friday everyone!

Annael
Immortal

Mar 16 2007, 4:10pm

Post #3 of 231 (1454 views)
Shortcut
(green) 1420 all around, barkeep! [In reply to] Can't Post

To celebrate the arrival of baby Jake, my grand-nephew!

Only a real man would dare do his morning power walk in a puffy shirt.

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 16 2007, 4:11pm

Post #4 of 231 (1428 views)
Shortcut
Can you make a green Guinness? [In reply to] Can't Post

Real dark green, I guess.

Cheez, I wish I could have a *real* one right now. This is the end of a long week, even though I took Monday off. Nothing big happened. It has just dragged on.

Anyway, I started a new series on WISE Passages in LotR that I've been mulling over since before I finished the Humorous Passages. BTW, since the boards keep more threads on the first page, and for longer, do I need to wait for the first post to drop off, or is having more than one on the page okay?

Yahoo!Group with good stuff to download:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRgoodies/

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2007, 4:12pm

Post #5 of 231 (1403 views)
Shortcut
Since it is snowing here in Ohio again... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have a large hot chocolate with lots of green whipped cream (even though I am Norwegian American and not Irish American, I feel I should help them celebrate). On Tuesday it was 73F and I was wearing shorts -- today it is 32F.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 16 2007, 4:13pm

Post #6 of 231 (1390 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo! A little hobbit if I ever saw one! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Yahoo!Group with good stuff to download:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRgoodies/

RosieLass
Valinor

Post #7 of 231 (1372 views)
Shortcut
And I even wore green. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though completely inadvertently. I mean, I wore green on purpose, but not because it's St. Patty's Day. Cool

I just found out that yesterday was our graphic designer's last full-time day. He'll be on call when we need him, but it's irritating that nobody thought to tell me yesterday. Mad

And I'm indulging in my nerdiness. I bought another iPod, so I'm trying to figure out how to use it on the same computer as my other one. I didn't need it. The one I already had will hold my entire music collection three times over. My excuse is that now I can keep my music on one unit and put my audio books on the other. I can see the audio book collection growing with more speed than the music.

Plus, I'm just a nerd for small electronic gadgets. Sly

Oh, and I'll have a tall iced tea, please!

Children’s Interpretations of the Bible

• Lot’s wife was a pillar of salt during the day, but a ball of fire during the night.

• The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.

• Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony.

• http://mallika.vox.com/

(This post was edited by RosieLass on Mar 16 2007, 4:13pm)

diedye
    Grey Havens

Post #8 of 231 (1445 views)
    Shortcut
    Happy St. Patrick's week-end from me... Die O'Dye!... [In reply to] Can't Post

(I have no idea how to change/create a new moniker without having to make up a whole new bio for it).

The week started off bad when I went to a job interview and the woman made me feel reeeeeeeally worthless, which left me feeling depressed. It's taken me a few days to shake it off (much thanks to folks here and elsewhere on the net who have made me feel better )

I've been playing nursemaid to my mom since her little accident last week and I gotta tell ya... old people... can you say ANNOYING?! Pick, pick, pick, pick, PICK!

*grumble grumble*

I'm hoping to catch a breather today before the snow storm hits.

Anyway, the ales are on me today!

(This post was edited by diedye on Mar 16 2007, 4:16pm)

Eventides
    Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2007, 4:14pm

Post #9 of 231 (1363 views)
    Shortcut
    Well, as for me... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I'm going to listen to my favorite CD from Celtic Bagpipe Punk band Flatfoot 56 tomorrow.

Wink

As for now, I'll settle for a green h/c and Miruvor, please, Altaira.

Have fun, everyone! CHEERS!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Eventides' Website!
    "I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
    John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
    Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
    Showbread.

Alcarcalime
    Tol Eressea

Post #10 of 231 (1375 views)
    Shortcut
    How cute - [In reply to] Can't Post

Those cheeks make him look like a little Hobbit!

RosieLass
    Valinor

Post #11 of 231 (1358 views)
    Shortcut
    Awwww! What a doll! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Children’s Interpretations of the Bible

• Lot’s wife was a pillar of salt during the day, but a ball of fire during the night.

• The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.

• Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony.

• http://mallika.vox.com/

Arwen's daughter
    Half-elven

Mar 16 2007, 4:15pm

Post #12 of 231 (1366 views)
    Shortcut
    I'll have a green beer and a green coffee, please [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know if it's the time change or just general insomnia, but I can't seem to sleep this week. Fortunately work has been really slow this week. Looking forward to the weekend and St. Paddy's Day!

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

Eventides
    Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2007, 4:16pm

Post #13 of 231 (1359 views)
    Shortcut
    Awww! Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very cute. :)

(Oh, and BTW, LOL to your footer. Cool)

Have a great weekend!

Eventides' Website!
    "I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
    John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
    Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
    Showbread.

Kethry
    Lorien

Mar 16 2007, 4:17pm

Post #14 of 231 (1408 views)
    Shortcut
    I'm going on vacation next week! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I'm not actually going anywhere, I'm just taking a week off of work. I'll go to baseball games and see my sister and sleep in and all sorts of fun stuff.

This weekend we're getting our carpets replaced, so I had to pack up my room this week. It's rather strange to do, and then I'll get to unpack it all next week. But I'll be aquiring another bookcase, so I'm happy. I had to box up my Argonath bookends and Minas Tirith from the EE dvds, and it made me sad (I feel silly for saying that Blush). But I'll get to take them right out again, so I'll be all better.

I'll have a peach iced tea, not a green one, please. I'll wear my green socks tomorrow, but as I'm 1/16th Irish (and red-haired and everyone thinks I'm full Irish), I feel no need to go any further down that road.

Happy Weekend all, and be careful.

"Security is mostly superstition. . . . Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." ~Helen Keller

dernwyn
    Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 16 2007, 4:17pm

Post #15 of 231 (1358 views)
    Shortcut
    Hmm...how about some green tea? [In reply to] Can't Post

The luck o' the Irish to ye! Do they have such celebrations down in NZ?

Must head outside soon, fortunately, the snow here has let up for the moment! But sleet is due later.

Stay safe and warm, everyone! Hug your favorite Irishman/woman!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Confusticate and bebother these dwarves!"

diedye
    Grey Havens

Mar 16 2007, 4:19pm

Post #16 of 231 (1376 views)
    Shortcut
    Oh what a cutie!.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was actually referring to your footer, but the baby's cute, too.

What?

Congrats! Looks just like a little Winston Churchill.

dernwyn
    Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 16 2007, 4:19pm

Post #17 of 231 (1393 views)
    Shortcut
    What a sweetie! Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Confusticate and bebother these dwarves!"

Eventides
    Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2007, 4:20pm

Post #18 of 231 (1333 views)
    Shortcut
    I know! Where I am... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it was in the 60's yesterday or the day before, and now it's 20-something again. Oh well. :)

Eventides' Website!
    John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Elberbeth
    Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2007, 4:21pm

Post #19 of 231 (1363 views)
    Shortcut
    It never occurred to me to wear green today [In reply to] Can't Post

as I'm pretty brain-dead when I wake up and for a while afterwards. Sometimes I wonder just how it was I got to work when I have no memory of it. At least I don't have to choose between three paths!

I'm heading off tonight to vist my sister on Saltspring Island, I'll see my mum who is in extended care over there as well. First time I've been able to make the time since the Christmas season, more shame to me. And I'm really tired of all the freakin' men in my house right now (hubby, son, grandson) I'm outnumbered. And crabby.

So I'll have a hot chocolate, with peppermint Schnapps and lots of whipped cream.

Happy weekend, everyone!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Altaira
    Superuser

Mar 16 2007, 4:21pm

Post #20 of 231 (1376 views)
    Shortcut
    Green Beer to go for Ettelewen [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a happy St. Paddy's day weekend! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Moriel
    The Shire

Mar 16 2007, 4:22pm

Post #21 of 231 (1344 views)
    Shortcut
    No green beer for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have a Guiness. The real Irish Guiness, not the watered down stuff they sell in America. (Stupid alcohol import laws.)

Hmm. Since this is my first Fiesta Friday in quite some time, I think I'll have 20 Guinesses. One for each of the rings of power.

Moriel - the Daughter of the Dark
    Serving your wiseacre needs since the blooming of the Trees.

Altaira
    Superuser

Mar 16 2007, 4:22pm

Post #22 of 231 (1372 views)
    Shortcut
    Congrats, Annael! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a cutie! And, he even looks a little Irish. Wink

Happy weekend!

TORn Calendar

Altaira
    Superuser

Mar 16 2007, 4:23pm

Post #23 of 231 (1382 views)
    Shortcut
    Green Guiness, coming up! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, a very dark green, but who cares when it's Guiness!?

Love the new WISE series! More than one post per page is fine. Smile

Happy weekend, AE!

TORn Calendar

Elberbeth
    Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2007, 4:24pm

Post #24 of 231 (1354 views)
    Shortcut
    They're both quite lovely - congratulations!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Kethry
    Lorien

Mar 16 2007, 4:24pm

Post #25 of 231 (1329 views)
    Shortcut
    Hey there, AE! [In reply to] Can't Post

A new series? Very cool, I'll have to watch out for those.

{{AE}} I hope you have a good weekend.

"Security is mostly superstition. . . . Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." ~Helen Keller

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.