Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
A suggestion for 1.1

Pallando
Lorien

Mar 15 2007, 11:30pm

Views: 160
Shortcut
A suggestion for 1.1 Can't Post

OK, I love this new board. I’ll just say it. Yesterday was the first time I laid eyes on it.

But here is one design feature change I would recommend if you ever get around to it. (this is probably moot, I know, because of all the time you folks just spent on getting the present design up and OUT.)

But I've designed Web sites as if that means anything, but I’ve always thought that one of the primary objectives in designing a page is that the main activity users are there to do must be EASY and INTUITIVE. (Of course there's always "Find Waldo".) But the question is “what action do most people do during a TORN session and where is a logical place they would look to do it?”

As for the activity (I believe): GETTING BACK TO THE MAIN LIST OF POSTS – the “starting point” for doing most things. You have to get there at some point no matter what else you do: check new posts, post a message, answer a post, write a PM, anything.

And for "how to get there" I found – as a newbie on this board – that I was always attracted to those rings at the top to get me where I wanted to go! Then I finally learned to look for a little green button lurking somewhere near the bottom.

So I vote that when you are ready for 1.1 you consider slightly changing what's on the ring menus. First definitely should be Back_to_Board or some such, then Post_a_Message and up there also should be somewhere FAQs and if you still have room, Send_Mail. You decide the rest!

But gee, I love this new board!!

Pallando

For I also am a steward. Did you not know?

Subject User Time
A suggestion for 1.1 Pallando Send a private message to Pallando Mar 15 2007, 11:30pm
    Have you noticed Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 16 2007, 2:53am
        Below the rings I see buttons that say... Pallando Send a private message to Pallando Mar 16 2007, 6:39am
            So Sherry Send a private message to Sherry Mar 16 2007, 7:11am
                I see what you are talking about now... Pallando Send a private message to Pallando Mar 16 2007, 5:12pm
                    The big mouth Aerin Send a private message to Aerin Mar 16 2007, 9:46pm
                        Can you get rid of them once they are there? Pallando Send a private message to Pallando Mar 17 2007, 1:14am
                            Testing. Alnilam Send a private message to Alnilam Mar 17 2007, 1:36am
            Also Aerlinn Send a private message to Aerlinn Mar 16 2007, 7:40pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.