Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! October 5

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 6 2023, 1:42am

Post #1 of 6 (3326 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! October 5 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

Welcome to OCTOBER! We are in a headlong dive into Fall here in Michigan. This is one of the best months in the whole year to get some great walks in with crispy-cool air, minimal bugs flying in your face, and some incredible colours with the trees blazing in their glory along with the rustic wildflowers along the road. Everywhere I turn on my country roads, I'm breath-taken with the incredible beauty of nature in full-gear :) I've also spent hours on the beaches of Lake Michigan as I hunt for unique pebbles and rocks with all sorts of personality!

So I'm getting in some great mileage between my walks and yard work in preparation of the Winter months coming along much sooner than I care to contemplate. *sigh*

I should get a second home in New Zealand. Yeah... I'll just write a check! But they've just entered Spring and are getting busy with good-weather life.

How are things in your world? Are you enjoying some more pleasant weather? Are you getting some great activity with the easier (hopefully) weather? Remember... pretty much everything can be converted into mileage that keeps you moving on the Road. What's your favourite action for this time of the year (Spring/Fall)?

There's finally been a touchdown in Middle-earth for Gandalf, Shadowfax, Pippin and me. We made it to Minas Tirith!!!! *tosses confetti* I'm thinking Shadowfax is the happiest with getting us all, literally, off his back! My next part of the Quest will be travelling with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli to Minas Tirith... with Merry, Theoden, Eomer, et. al. coming along for the first leg of the trip. It's a very quick 786 mile jaunt. No Problem! This will be my 3rd trek using this *Atlas of Middle-earth - Isengard to Minas Tirith: Aragorn's Path* chart. The first time was in 2006 (it took 4 months), the second in 2017 (it took 6 months), and now this third time (who knows how long?!?).

Take care, one and all... and I'll see you on the Road! :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 6 2023, 2:44pm

Post #2 of 6 (3278 views)
Shortcut
*incoming mail* [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings from Minas Tirith!

(click on link for larger pic... truly incredible! ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Oct 6 2023, 2:45pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 26 2023, 2:47pm

Post #3 of 6 (2493 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! October 26 [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess What!? Fall is officially Falling here in Michigan. We hit our peak tree colours this past week, and now the Winds from the West are easily clearing the trees of all their adornment. *sigh* Now the ground looks very colourful until the Wind and TIME finishes the job before the first snow. *heavier sigh*

I'm late with this post because I'm working on a special Walk that I obviously didn't get finished in time. So I'll get back on schedule next week with November 2nd's WtR installment.

So how are you coming along on your Quest? Are you following the Eowyn Challenge/Fonstad charts? Do you have your own target Quest? Do you just take on one day and at time? Remember that all of your activity can be converted into mileage. So everything you do can really rack up the miles... which can be very encouraging to keep on keeping on. If you'd like some help with that mileage converting... PM me and we'll figure it out together :D

I'm still hanging out in Middle-earth. I've recently joined "The Hunters" as I follow Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli on their journey to Minas Tirith from Isengard! Mercy! At least we're riding some excellent steeds instead of running on foot ;)

I hope you're having a good time during this change of seasons. Stay safe... and I'll see you on the Road!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 10 2023, 4:22am

Post #4 of 6 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! November 10 [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome Fellow Travellers!

I finally made it back from wandering in the Wilds of the Internet as I ATTEMPTED to forge a little journey for you. With the changing of the seasons here in Michigan, the colour show nature put on with the trees was quite breath-taking and inspiring! So, as I hinted at before, I decided to put together a picture show of my Walk Around the Block out here where I live in farm country so you could come along! Smile

The "Block" is made up of 4 1-mile stretches of different dirt roads running from crossroad to crossroad.

The delay of my "attempted" journey is because I've been sabotaged by Photobucket! It has taken me days to get my 41 pics to load properly and stay in order for a slideshow. None of it is working right!; but a dear sibbie encouraged me to post it anyway… so gird yourselves for an out-of-order, automatic slideshow might not work, advance pic arrows might not work, multiple attempts clicking on the link to load, gramma-style journey… and that means MAYHEM! But hopefully you'll give it a go and see why I love my homeland as much as I love the Shire. Let me know if it doesn't work!!!

I hope you're enjoying your own journey and consider mapping out your own adventure. The miles really do add up FAST!

Cheers to all… and maybe I'll see you on my Roads!!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 10 2023, 4:24am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 24 2023, 3:06am

Post #5 of 6 (1340 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! November 23 [In reply to] Can't Post

We've made it to the last full week of November! Can you believe it's already the end of November!? And there's the added bonus of Thanksgiving Day here in the U.S. One of those days that... if you're on a diet... it's blown up with good food and good times. This is also one of those days where you have permission to NOT exercise, NOT watch what you eat, and NOT pass on dessert :D I love these days!

HOWEVER, tomorrow means getting back on the Road and add to that mileage (for me) that's travelling with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli from Isengard to Minas Tirith. This one is absolutely one of the most disjointed journeys as we go head for The Paths of the Dead along the way. But right now, we're spending a few hours at Helm's Deep. It's almost like a real vacation stop as we do the tourist-thing investigating some caves and enjoying the trees. At least, some of us are ;)

How have you been coming along on your journey? Has your activity changed with the season? It really is amazing how or ability to get outside can affect our activity. The whole idea is to just keep swimming... just keep swimming... uh... wups. Wrong journey. But you get the gist of it :)

Have a wonderful Quest... and I'll see you on the Road! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 8 2023, 1:26am

Post #6 of 6 (677 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! December 7 [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope all is well in your world as we enter the last month of 2023. T'is the season for losing all of the headway you've acquired in any diet you've been pursuing, but making big headway as you run around shopping for gifts. I made an impressive nose-dive into oblivion with all of my progress. BUT what are failures for but to become catapults into success! At least, that's what I'm telling myself. Self isn't buy it, fwiw ;)

ANYWAY! How are YOU coming along on your Quest? Do you have a target you're chasing after? Have you got a plan for getting there, or are you (like me) just gonna "go for it"? *sigh* I really don't do "grown up" well at all ;) But I'll keep at it and I Shall Succeed! *fist in the air* Do tell on your plans to achieve your Quest. And I'm sorry... but online shopping doesn't count ;)

Meanwhile, back in Middle-earth, the Hunters and I are at Dunharrow and making some plans of our own to go visit some Ghosts of Christmas Past. I hear they don't get out much; but I'm sure they'll be happy to see us :D

Stay safe... and I'll see you on the Road! *waves fondly*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Dec 8 2023, 1:28am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.