The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Glenn Yarbrough versus Leonard Nimoy

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 15 2007, 3:27pm

Post #1 of 5 (7314 views)
Shortcut
Glenn Yarbrough versus Leonard Nimoy Can't Post

A singing contest, featuring their hits "Frodo of the Nine Fingers" and "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins", respectively. Last one standing in the onslaught of overripe fruit and vegetables wins.

Vegan zombie: "GGRRRAAAAIIIIINNNNNSSSSSS!!"

Patty
Immortal

Mar 16 2007, 3:58am

Post #2 of 5 (3875 views)
Shortcut
Spock would win this. [In reply to] Can't Post

At least I have some respect for his Star Trek character and wouldn't throw the produce at him.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 22 2007, 11:46pm

Post #3 of 5 (6935 views)
Shortcut
You posted this ages ago but I just have to laugh... [In reply to] Can't Post

At your 'Grains' footer! Most amusing!!

And btw for me Leonard Nimoy's song is the more horrible by far (although both are awful) so I would pelt him with a very large watermelon to shut him up asap. Thus Mr Yarbrough wins - unfortunately...

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 2:52pm

Post #4 of 5 (3213 views)
Shortcut
nimoy [In reply to] Can't Post

Annael
Immortal

Dec 31 2014, 9:15pm

Post #5 of 5 (3182 views)
Shortcut
what she said [In reply to] Can't Post

Glenn's voice has always been fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

Since evidence can be adduced and interpreted to corroborate a virtually limitless array of world views, the human challenge is to engage that world view or set of perspectives which brings forth the most valuable, life-enhancing consequences.

- Richard Tarnas, The Passion of the Western Mind

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.