The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
New Tolkien Short Film - Fellowship: Tolkien & Lewis

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 23, 10:36pm

Post #1 of 2 (1057 views)
Shortcut
New Tolkien Short Film - Fellowship: Tolkien & Lewis Can't Post

There's a new Tolkien movie coming soon. It is Fellowship: Tolkien & Lewis, directed by Paul Syrstad. Details from the site Film Freeway:

Overview: Even storytellers have beginnings...
Two of the greatest literary writers, CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien, must face their friendship, fantasy, and faith, as the worlds of Middle Earth and Narnia hang in the balance.

Director Biography - Paul Syrstad: Paul was born in Spain to his English mother and Norwegian father and moved to the UK in 2004 to train as an actor at the "Central School of Speech and Drama" in London.

Soon after, he felt called toward filmmaking and writing and so stepped into directing, producing and writing as he set up his own production company called "roarlight", producing The Parables Retold, Testament, and A Heartwarming Story About the End of the World.

Director Statement: When I was invited in to a meeting where a studio were going to pitch a new project to me, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, when they started to explain it as "a story that would explore the friendship, faith, and fantasy of..." - I finished their sentence: "of CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien." If I had finished the line correctly, then I would know it was the project for me.
Sure enough - I was right. Now, to explore those three aspects of these literary giants is an awesome privilege and one I am eager to continue...

Credits:
Paul Syrstad - Director, Testament, The Parables Retold
Tim Slover - Writer
Paul SyrstadProducer, Testament
Shelley Ruddock - Producer, The Drawer, Jacob's Blessing
Peter Moreton - Key Cast - "C.S. Lewis"
Richard Laing - Key Cast" - J.R.R. Tolkien"

Specifications:
Project Type: Short
Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Historical
Runtime: 12 minutes 36 seconds
Completion Date: September 5, 2023
Production Budget: 99,000 USD
Country of Origin: United States
Country of Filming: United Kingdom
Language: English
Shooting Format: Digital
Aspect Ratio: 2:39:1
Film Color: Color
First-time Filmmaker: No
Student Project: No

Source: https://filmfreeway.com/...wshipTolkienandLewis

Thanks to TheOneRing.com.

“Hell hath no fury like that of the uninvolved.” - Tony Isabella

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on May 23, 10:38pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 24, 3:57am

Post #2 of 2 (1038 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm...Not This? [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking at the video from TOR again, this might be a new project either connected to the previous short or entirely original. More to come!

“Hell hath no fury like that of the uninvolved.” - Tony Isabella

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.