Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Just seen EE Return of the King in a loca cinema and noticed for the first time that...

mcnpauls
The Shire

Nov 28 2023, 7:57pm

Post #1 of 6 (6075 views)
Shortcut
Just seen EE Return of the King in a loca cinema and noticed for the first time that... Can't Post

in Aragorn's confrontation with Sauron, in Aragron's palantir (the one Pippin recovered from Orthanc), you can see Sauron in his physical form/armour holding his own palantir.

I am sure it is not a big deal to other folks here, but I was pleased to spot this.

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

Nov 29 2023, 5:01pm

Post #2 of 6 (5939 views)
Shortcut
I am not sure... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I remember, but will have to do another watch soon now. I think it IS a big deal, because it confirms Sauron has a physical form in the movies, too.

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 29 2023, 11:28pm

Post #3 of 6 (5833 views)
Shortcut
I saw a post on FB [In reply to] Can't Post

where someone said they'd only spotted this year that during the battle of Pelennor Field, Eowyn snatches an orc's sword before attacking a mumakil with a sword in each hand. It's been so long since the movies came out that I can't be sure if I spotted that at the time or not, but I love that details like that, and yours about the Palantir, are still be discovered. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

DGHCaretaker
Rohan

Nov 30 2023, 7:02am

Post #4 of 6 (5773 views)
Shortcut
Sauron Redacted [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...it confirms Sauron has a physical form in the movies, too.

They removed Sauron at the end. So they could also squirm out of this one by claiming Sauron only projected what he wanted Aragorn to see or imagine.

;)

Junesong
Rohan

Nov 30 2023, 12:42pm

Post #5 of 6 (5749 views)
Shortcut
The Choices of Master Jackson [In reply to] Can't Post

I've lamented at length on these boards about all the bad decisions Jackson, Walsh and Boyens made in their screenplays but wow - cutting monster Sauron out of the battle at the black gates and stopping what may have been the cringiest sword fight ending of all time was an AMAZING decision.

But what a near miss it was... yikes

"So which story do you prefer?"
"The one with the tiger. That's the better story."
"Thank you. And so it goes with God."

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

Nov 30 2023, 5:00pm

Post #6 of 6 (5737 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

That's true

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.