https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqouGmra9g

Gorgeous, nice bucket list destination.

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 19, 1:51am

Post #2 of 9 (2977 views)
Shortcut
Nice tour [In reply to] Can't Post

The level of detail as well as the immaculate upkeep are amazing.

Eruonen
Half-elven

May 19, 3:50am

Post #3 of 9 (2965 views)
Shortcut
I was sure the Green Dragon also served food... [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.thekumachan.com/...e-heart-of-hobbiton/

"Not only does the Green Dragon Inn immerse visitors within a visual wonderland, but it also entices their taste buds with a delectable repertoire of traditional Hobbit cuisine. From hearty stews to freshly baked bread and tantalizing pies, the inn’s menu ensures a state of sheer bliss for discerning palates. Guests can savor their meals while gazing upon the breathtaking Hobbiton landscape, adorned with rolling green hills and charming hobbit holes punctuating the horizon."

Menu items
https://restaurantguru.com/...agon-Matamata-2/menu

(This post was edited by Eruonen on May 19, 3:55am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3, 1:52pm

Post #4 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut
*WILD APPLAUSE!* THANK YOU! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so sorry I was so late getting to this; but I'm THRILLED!!! :D

I was lucky to visit Hobbiton during my last trip in 2018, and I wished so much that I could have lingered there for exactly everything they've talked about and visited in this!!! OH GEEZ! I feel like I'm there again! The details shared bring it all to life!

THANK YOU!!!!! I've got tears in mine eyes!!!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3, 1:59pm

Post #5 of 9 (1529 views)
Shortcut
Our group didn't stay too long [In reply to] Can't Post

Not enough time to try any of the goodies, but I did get a mug of cider :) Even considering it was set up to handle crowds of people, it was very cozy and authentic. Just beautiful!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eruonen
Half-elven

Jul 3, 2:07pm

Post #6 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut
So, you are only allowed so much time to visit - too bad but I guess [In reply to] Can't Post

it would get too crowded and trampled if it was wide open.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 5, 8:08pm

Post #7 of 9 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

We're brought in groups by bus from off site and driven up the long lane onto the actual property where Hobbiton is. They have to stop and open/shut a couple of gates along the way since it's still a working sheep farm. So the people on your bus becomes the group hanging together as we walk through Hobbiton. If there are 6 buses in the parking lot, there are 6 groups following each other at a respectful distance walking the trail past so many hobbit holes, gardens, etc. taking a few moments for pictures at each hole.

We finally reach Bag End where a lot of time is offered for each of us to have our moment at the gate and steps... then continue down the trail toward the Mill, Bridge, past Sam's home, then on to the Green Dragon. And that is where several groups will join together as we filter into the Dragon... the last stop before re-grouping and returning to the bus.

The amount of time we have there is whatever the allowed time for the entire tour is left over. IMHO... there would probably never be "enough" time for me to feel satisfied with the dream-come-true journey; but I left very, very happy. The Tour Guide was a hero!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Jul 5, 8:22pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 5, 9:32pm

Post #8 of 9 (1435 views)
Shortcut
Agreed re: "never enough time" [In reply to] Can't Post

Imagine having a hammock and being allowed to sleep outside under the stars! That would be a treat - I know the nighttime dinner and Hobbiton tour has great reviews, so I guess that's the closest thing to it now.

I'm excited that we'll get to go inside one of the hobbit holes this fall when we're there. The first time I went, I had the strong desire to be able to go inside of one, so it'll be really special to have that chance the second time around!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

(This post was edited by cats16 on Jul 5, 9:32pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6, 12:45pm

Post #9 of 9 (1338 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd LOVE to have done that! I also love that there's no PA System making noise, no 4-wheelers or tire tracks, no overhead planes or choppers... nothing that will take you out of "being there".

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.