Post disappeared

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 31 2023, 4:19pm

Post #1 of 4 (1481 views)
Shortcut
Post disappeared Can't Post

Happy New Year!

Yesterday I posted in Fan Art with subject line "AI rescues non-artists liike me: an attempt at Gandalf vs the Balrog", intended as a public interest message for non-artists like me who can try using AI art generators, and I posted my attempt at Gandalf vs the Balrog as an example. And now the post has disappeared?? I can't figure out why: no nudity, etc, and I was certain the file size was 48KB. So I guess my question is: was there something wrong with my post, or did the website somehow hiccup and delete it in error? Thanks.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 31 2023, 9:19pm

Post #2 of 4 (1471 views)
Shortcut
Hmm. [In reply to] Can't Post

When we 'delete' a post we actually move it to a hidden board so that if a board member questions the removal, any admin can check that post to see how it broke the Terms of Service and get a reply to the board member. (This saves time, instead of waiting for the admin who did the removal to be back online.)

However, your post isn't on that hidden board, and it also doesn't appear in your list of posts (go to your profile then click on 'Show user's posts').

So, are you sure that it was posted to Fan Art? Might you have clicked on 'Preview Post' by mistake, then closed out of the discussion board?

I'll double-check with the other admins to see if someone has indeed properly deleted your post, but that would be an unusual action.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 31 2023, 9:29pm

Post #3 of 4 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Double Hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the speedy reply. I actually had trouble getting it out of Preview (the photo disappeared, I think), and then the formatting got a little off, so I used Edit twice after I did post it just to fix the paragraphs spacing, and Edit only appears as a line option once something has been posted, I think. Though now I'm wondering if I mistakenly hit Delete in one of my Edit attempts too since Delete is right next to Edit, and I was getting frustated. Oh well, I'll just post it again and hope for the best. Thanks again.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 31 2023, 11:34pm

Post #4 of 4 (1456 views)
Shortcut
Post Restored? [In reply to] Can't Post

I see your post is on Fan Art now: http://newboards.theonering.net/...ost=1007314;#1007314

“Hell hath no fury like that of the uninvolved.” - Tony Isabella

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jan 1, 3:26pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.