Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

  Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Humm humm...

leo
Rohan


Jun 5 2008, 12:50pm


Views: 341
Shortcut
Humm humm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Not too sure what to think of this actually. I like transparent in a "react to rumors here and there on this massage board"-kind of way. But protect 20% by being open about the other 80% sounds a bit too easy to me.

I think PJ did the same thing on King Kong: he spoiled us with production diaries about pretty much everything, while keeping the designs for King Kong and dino's to himself. I predict the same thing happening on The Hobbit, with secrecy about Smaug and the spiders for instance, and too much info about other things... I don't want to be visually spoiled by production diaries or a constant flow of pictures or whatnot.

I'd much rather have him be secret about 90% while we break our brains over gossip, rumor and spy reports. Its much more fun. Production diaries (if they are even going to do them, but for arguments sake lets assume they will), though interesting give me a misguided sense of involvement and will loose none of their charm or interestingness (is that even a word?) if they are released on dvd after the movie comes out.

(But it is nice of him to share, and recognise that the book is loved by so many!)

Subject User Time
GDT Talks Hobbit and Spoilers calisuri Send a private message to calisuri Jun 5 2008, 11:29am
    THe Hobbit is not a holy book. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jun 5 2008, 12:41pm
        No offense but... merklynn Send a private message to merklynn Jun 5 2008, 12:56pm
            No offence at all, we have different points of view. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jun 5 2008, 4:57pm
                "The Hobbit" is not "the first book Tolkien wrote". N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jun 5 2008, 5:16pm
                    My last words xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jun 5 2008, 10:02pm
                        Ok... merklynn Send a private message to merklynn Jun 5 2008, 10:29pm
                Why not please both groups? stormcrow20 Send a private message to stormcrow20 Jun 5 2008, 10:36pm
                The Hobbit is not all Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Jun 6 2008, 1:24am
                    PLEASE no Production Diaries Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Jun 6 2008, 4:33am
                        Are you sure you meant . . . Daughter of Nienna Send a private message to Daughter of Nienna Jun 7 2008, 9:02am
    Humm humm... leo Send a private message to leo Jun 5 2008, 12:50pm
        How much will you keep up on? ArathornJax Send a private message to ArathornJax Jun 5 2008, 12:58pm
            Don't be scared Empedocles Send a private message to Empedocles Jun 5 2008, 1:26pm
                Hear hear! // merklynn Send a private message to merklynn Jun 5 2008, 1:38pm
            Depends where it is coming from. leo Send a private message to leo Jun 5 2008, 2:00pm
        Agree Mithrandír Send a private message to Mithrandír Jun 5 2008, 4:50pm
        I think Artanis Send a private message to Artanis Jun 5 2008, 9:41pm
        Don't know if I'm in the minority here or not Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Jun 6 2008, 8:11am
    Is is a 'spoiler' if you've read the book? deej Send a private message to deej Jun 5 2008, 2:10pm
        Peter did the same thing with LotR grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jun 5 2008, 2:37pm

 
 
 

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.