Lurker in the Mirk
May 30 2014, 11:51am
It's the pre-weekend, at least from where I'm sitting. Time to unload goodies gathered since the last time we marked a weekend. Fellow thralls, you have your work cut for you.
Woodland Weekend! Thranduil stuff, and thingies on his avatars making waves in his absence
Oh yeah: Compound thudderly, giggle out loud, brownie-spew, spoilerly thingies, warning
- The indescribable virtual consciousness called tumblr
- Pics: here, here, here, here, here, here, here,
- GIFs: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here,
- Fanart and farnies: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here,
- Father and son pics, fanart and farnies: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here,
- Related: Pic of Art and Design of the Realm, Crests of ME institutes of learning (but where is the crest of the Mirkwood Homeland Security Academy?), Just a general ME LOL, another ME LOL, Legolas + Gimli funny, Mirkwood!, another Mirkwood LOL,
- With others: + Celeborn, + Elrond, Elrond's filmography mirror, just with Elrond Xover, Mirkwood LOL, his eyes look more alluring than hers (just saying), + Thorin, + Bard, + Thorin again,
Crossovers & Others (warning: some not involving the Elvenking at all)
Pics & GIFs: here, here + here (Kerewyn: TH alert ), here, here, here,
Erm... dunno where this fit, but I stumbled on it and had to share because it's very sweet - the cast and crew of ME are GREAT!
These are all new interviews
Good on him!
“When you play the king of elves and alien warlords, little me is very uninteresting,” says Pace, with a dismissive shrug. “But, at the same time, actors feel this obligation to be transparent, and I truly don’t understand the point.” (source
Those prominent roles haven't turned Pace into your typical movie star — in fact, he's quite the opposite, opting to reside in New York instead of Hollywood, and never appearing in tabloids. Dressed in a cozy grey lightweight sweater and a tan corduroy jacket, with a black-on-black Yankees baseball cap he removed while indoors, Pace politely squinted into the sun when we moved our chat outside, just to keep eye contact. He had to be told — demanded even — to put his sunglasses on before he'd oblige. "See, that's LA. I would think you'd want to look someone in the eye, you want to know what they think," he said without a hint of insincerity. (source
Lee Pace: My, he has been B.U.S.Y.
Man, I can't even tell you how. I mean it's been this past year living out of a suitcase. We shot the pilot in April, went from Atlanta to London, did the first tests for Ronan, the kind of costume and make up and all that stuff. Went from there to New Zealand, shot my pick-ups for the "Hobbit." Went from there back to London, did that whole crazy, f***ing movie. I mean the craziest thing I think I've ever been a part of was that movie. And then basically went from that right into this. Wait. No! No, no, I went from that into Stephen Frears' movie about Lance Armstrong.
Why I thought I needed another movie in there, I don't know. And then I just finished this about a month ago so I'm like home and finally get a chance to have a life. (source
Q: You’ve also played a broad variety of characters, from a vampire to a politician. Is there a role you haven’t played yet but have always wanted to?
A: I’ve been very fortunate to play lots of different characters. I’m pretty curious and adventurous. I’d love to play a dog. [Laughs]
That's all, Thralls! Move along now...
You've got me...
The non-worksafe ones aka the Estrogen Island stuff (don't worry, they're really PG, right on the edge is all): pics (Kerewyn - this one's for you), [HACF SPOILER]here[HACF SPOILER]
Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.
Thranduil Appreciation: I, II, III, IV, V
"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies