May 6 2013, 10:58pm
1. Which Dwarf accompanied Bilbo a bit of the way down the tunnel (on Bilbo’s first journey down the tunnel)?
bombur. or maybe tyrion lannister. i forget.
2. What did Bilbo steal from Smaug’s pile of treasure and take back up the tunnel to the Dwarves?
a cup. or the locket of slytherin. i forget.
3. What key piece of information did Bilbo discover when Smaug rolled over to show his underbelly?
a bare patch, a vulnerability. or an "i morgoth" tattoo. i forget.
4. Fill in the blanks (two words): “ ‘Never laugh at ____ _____, Bilbo you fool!’ he said to himself…”
"a live dragon." or "existentialist humor." i forget.
5. Bilbo returned to the Dwarves after his conversation with Smaug, and they all sat in the little grassy bay discussing, amongst other things, dragon slaying. Bilbo grew uneasy; what did he then urge them to do?
go inside the secret passageway and shut the door. or pilates. i forget.
aka. fili orc-enshield
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."
this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel
(This post was edited by Maciliel on May 6 2013, 11:04pm)