Jan 8 2012, 5:56am
1. having Sauron break Narsil by stepping on it rather than having it break because Elendil fell on it
some off the top of my head
2. giving Frodo a memorable introduction
3. reducing the ridiculous amount of time between Bilbo's party and Gandalf's return
4. I always felt that Frodo and Bilbo's reunion in Rivendell was handled better in the movie.
5. Giving Eowyn a larger role worked well for the most part.
6. Some people hate the fellowship's reunion at the end of the Return of the King because of it's cheesiness, but I loved it and really preferred it to the way it was handled in the book. Merry and Pippin basically just say "oh look, it's Frodo" in the book.
(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Jan 8 2012, 5:57am)