Mar 31 2009, 10:46pm
At least one admin, and probably more than one, should be monitoring TORN at any given moment. For a list of all admins and their local time zones, click here. However, please note that just because a particular admin is probably awake at a given moment, that does not mean s/he is awake and on TORN. We do have jobs, you know. Here are some pointers for those times when you need to get an admin's attention in a hurry.
How Best to Contact an Admin for Help
PMs to Admins:
1. Be aware that if you PM an admin, your request only goes to that one person, and it may take that person awhile to respond. That's fine for requests that are specific to that person. However, more "generic" requests are better handled by posting on the Feedback Board. That way, the first admin who logs in and notices them will respond.
1. If you want a post changed or deleted, please provide a link to it to make our job easier. We can always edit or delete your request after we've taken care of the problem, if you wish.
2. If you see spam on the board, do not reply to the spammer. Simply post a message about it on Feedback - with a link, please. The link will be removed when the spam is removed.
3. Ditto for trolls. Do not feed the trolls. Just post a message on Feedback - with a link, please. The link will be removed when the troll post is removed.
Exceptions to the above:
1. Issues that are sensitive and/or that you'd rather not air in public should definitely still be handled via PM. In those cases, you'll have to a) PM the admin you think might see it first (using the link to time zones) and/or b) copy more than one Admin.
2. As Superusers, Inferno and Altaira are notified of all PM's via email. Given time-zone restrictions, they are likely to answer PM's in a timely manner. Try to be fairly descriptive of your request /comment in your subject line, as that helps them to know if it's a personal, board-related or technical emergency.
Those left standing will make millions writing books on the way it should have been. --Incubus
(This post was edited by Altaira on Mar 27 2014, 3:48am)